Why were these Levels sections removed in the 2.2?

InfernoMelon

Honwy is cooilo dudey
So, I was playing a 2.0 Level Pack and notice some major & minor differences in level design (minus how flat it is) in some levels that kinda wished was kept in the 2.2 version.

Here's some examples I notice: Deep Sea Act 1 and Castle Eggman Act 1 & 2 was very different compared to 2.2 version, Arid Canyon too (I liked the oil/mine-like theme to it, wish it was expanded on more in 2.2) and Egg Rock Act 2 have these badass hazard slide and Metal Madness like part. Egg Rock 2.0 shocked me the most like I pretty sure of these parts will make this zone actually harder compared to 2.2 toned down version, like, this is supposed to the FINAL zone in the game, where's the challenge to it???

Yeah btw, there are more level differences that I didn't mention but I don't want to write a "List of changes" type-post lol.

Attachments

• srb20028.png
    srb20028.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 129
  • srb20031.png
    srb20031.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 106
  • srb20033.png
    srb20033.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 94
  • srb20025.png
    srb20025.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 112
Deep Sea, Castle Eggman, Arid Canyon, and Red Volcano were all completely remade because the previous versions lacked quality. The community agreed they needed to be overhauled. In fact, CEZ had already been remade for 2.0, but needed another remake.

Egg Rock was infamous in 2.0 for being a massive difficulty spike. The sections in question were removed to make the level shorter and a little easier. There were also too many gimmicks, and many of them weren’t used well. Egg Rock itself is planned to get a remake for 2.3.

Egg Rock was infamous in 2.0 for being a massive difficulty spike. The sections in question were removed to make the level shorter and a little easier.
Damn, SRB2 players back then suck so hard at playing video games, they have to make it easier for them lmao

But for real tho, IMO, they should have just revised it more instead just out right removing it (that's really prob my main problem with the current SRB2 Team now instead revising a idea and expanding on it, they just removed it) But whatever, I just hope that 2.3 Egg Rock is actually challenging this time.

Likely because of how radically different these were to the rest of the levels themselves which killed the pace the level was going for.

Umm, What mod are you using?, a lot of sections look different from 2.0, the egg gaurds are 2.0 and the lance a bots are not castlebot facestabbers
and the wind tunnel uses the bomb things from 2.2 not even the underwater mines lol and dsz2 uses the 2.2 skybox.
Bro didnt know about badnik pack dx and skybox changing.
Is this from gamebanana?

Damn, SRB2 players back then suck so hard at playing video games, they have to make it easier for them lmao

But for real tho, IMO, they should have just revised it more instead just out right removing it (that's really prob my main problem with the current SRB2 Team now instead revising a idea and expanding on it, they just removed it) But whatever, I just hope that 2.3 Egg Rock is actually challenging this time.
I challenge you to play 2.0 itself, with its controls and physics, and say that, instead of just a level pack.

I did it, have to spilt into two parts because I was getting tired lol

Here's the second part, I didn't really completed Egg Rock Act 2 (made it the shrinking part) because the controls was pissing me off and yes, I still stand by my point

I did it, have to spilt into two parts because I was getting tired lol

Here's the second part, I didn't really completed Egg Rock Act 2 (made it the shrinking part) because the controls was pissing me off and yes, I still stand by my point
"Ok guys, so I couldn't actually beat the game but old erz was still better and the old players were just bad! I swear!" Yeah okay pal you can't call the new levels too easy when you can't even beat the original

tumblr_e088327bd30853e9449dd93608c5b6ac_810a56e4_640.png

Post automatically merged:

When you can't even get one hit on 2.0 brak
you have literally the biggest skill issue ever, and I will do it too if anyone wants

:worry:

Last edited:
I suck at games so I'm gonna go try to beat egg rock in 2.1. I think I have a 2.1 100% save file I downloaded to mess around with. Hopefully, they are the same level layouts as 2.0.

"Ok guys, so I couldn't actually beat the game but old erz was still better and the old players were just bad! I swear!" Yeah okay pal you can't call the new levels too easy when you can't even beat the original
I mean yea, it's better because of the LEVEL difficultly, NOT controls, I said NOTHING about the controls, only about the 2.0 Level difficulty, I have the right to say it easy because it is and it doesn't matter if I can beat the original if I can it on a different version that have better controls

View attachment 98972

When you can't even get one hit on 2.0 brak
you have literally the biggest skill issue ever, and I will do it too if anyone wants

:worry:
So True !!!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back