why isnt the master server working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
because there making up new rules for people can't use wads basically, and making it only for only some people can host.

ugh no. By some you mean mods and admins only don't you?

That's not even cool. Usually they just put up dedicated servers with generic gameplay rules like "CAPTURE THE FLAG" on every stage with a 5 minute time limit...

standard rules just aren't fun. They're lame, so boring. Extra characters are good if you only add one or two...

If they're doing what you said they are, then they're going to HEAVILY limit multiplayer traffic in itself... it's a bit drastic. They should just limit the amount of .wad files per game to 2 or 3...

kitfox said:
They should just limit the amount of .wad files per game to 2 or 3...

Yeah I agree, because alot of wads doesn't add to the fun(it ruins it).

Or at least
2 level wads per game.
and 3 character wads per game.

roboegg99 said:
kitfox said:
They should just limit the amount of .wad files per game to 2 or 3...

Yeah I agree, because alot of wads doesn't add to the fun(it ruins it).

Or at least
2 level wads per game.
and 3 character wads per game.

no, no. 2 chars per game, 3 levels.

But at any rate, extra characters and levels really adds to the fun, but when there are 20 or so extra characters, it really just ruins it.

So our entire netgame infrastructure will be based on the online status of 'The Chosen Ones' and many failed attempts to organise ip netgames...
<sarcasm>
Oh joy.... I can hardly wait....
*spontaneously combusts with excitement*
</sarcasm>

And so the great decline begins...

Why couldn't we have some sort of Login system for netgames? Then you could check info like total amount of games hosted, kicks/bans made, times kicked/banned and perhaps a feedback system (begin with 50, max 100, min 0)

I appriciate the amount of time this would take to make, but the apparent alternative is just painful.

I don't netgame much, joiner or host, and while it would be nice to have faith in the host, it would be nice to have freedom of host choice

I don't understand how any of your statements are based in truth. There has been no announcement containing any kind of rule change. I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly without some proof first...

Yes, could someone provide some evidence. I see no announcement in regards to this, and my paranoia is mocking me with comments like

"You know, Alam/Logan will post saying that the master server is dead due to their computer being off and everyone is overreacting"

I assume it's just going to be that you have to register with Logan in order to get hosting on the MS to make sure that people don't host unplayable games.
What good is a master server when all the shown games are unjoinable?

I'd also like to state that This is not your master server. You have no rights to it. It's a privilege you were given. If Logan wants to change the structure of use, that's his right, because it's his master server, not yours. He's generous enough to let you use it.

Could you guys at least get your facts straight before you go around making false assumptions and spreading them as the absolute truth? No, the Master Server isn't going to start allowing only certain people to host. No, we aren't limiting wad use. No, we aren't updating the rules. All that's happened is that the domain name srb2.servegame.org has stopped working. You can still access the Master Server website at http://24.62.188.178/Logan_GBA/MS/

I can get the website. But I can not play.

The web site. IT DOES NOTHING.

I was TRYING to help people out and make a hamachi server, but everyone comes in and nags at me how everything else is so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back