why is SRB2 on a 3ds not possible?

Matrio

I'm not SMG3!!!
if an older version of srb2 is playable on 3ds then why is 2.2 not? plus online can be taken out and some non-important stuff, heck since opengl is better than software then it probably can run fine in opengl, 3d models probably not, and you can basically fix how much pixels it can be so if you lower it down bam, srb2 on 3ds, plus the screen pixels on the 3ds are smaller anyway. we even have the source code too!

if an older version of srb2 is playable on 3ds then why is 2.2 not? plus online can be taken out and some non-important stuff, heck since opengl is better than software then it probably can run fine in opengl, 3d models probably not, and you can basically fix how much pixels it can be so if you lower it down bam, srb2 on 3ds, plus the screen pixels on the 3ds are smaller anyway. we even have the source code too!
I am not a 3DS homebrew developer but I really don't think it's this simple. 2.1 was only playable on New 3DS models for a reason, even the Switch port of 2.2 struggles in places.

I am not a 3DS homebrew developer but I really don't think it's this simple. 2.1 was only playable on New 3DS models for a reason, even the Switch port of 2.2 struggles in places.
Interesting, I haven’t really seen gameplay of srb2 on switch anyways, but fixing on settings could fix performance, such as not being software. (Honestly srb2 web ports should be webgl btw) you can see a big difference when using opengl and software, for example, I tried running srb2 on android and software sucked, it was on 30 or something, with opengl it was pumping 60 with sometimes struggling, it normally depends on polygons on screen rendering, and does 3ds even use opengl?

Interesting, I haven’t really seen gameplay of srb2 on switch anyways, but fixing on settings could fix performance, such as not being software. (Honestly srb2 web ports should be webgl btw) you can see a big difference when using opengl and software, for example, I tried running srb2 on android and software sucked, it was on 30 or something, with opengl it was pumping 60 with sometimes struggling, it normally depends on polygons on screen rendering, and does 3ds even use opengl?
This will vary depending on system. Some people have way better results with Software than OpenGL, the latter of which is the more demanding renderer in terms of hardware compatibility.

This will vary depending on system. Some people have way better results with Software than OpenGL, the latter of which is the more demanding renderer in terms of hardware compatibility.
It does depending on how compatible OpenGL is compatible with whatever system your using but software isn’t the greatest option sometimes.
Post automatically merged:

It does depending on how compatible OpenGL is with whatever system your using but software isn’t the greatest option sometimes.
Edit: since when did I quote myself?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back