Why is it so hard to setup MD2's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first you need the proper files set up (letting someone else explain because I am not good at explaining file set ups [ie how to make the md2.dat file properly]).

Next, you need to launch the game in OpenGL mode, which can be done using either a launcher from the misc section in releases or the batch files included with SRB2.

Finally, once in OGL mode, type "gr_md2 1" in the console. Once in game, if set up correctly, the md2's should appear instead of sprites for certain objects.

Then probably md2.dat needs edited. I would suggest downloading Jeck Jim's MD2 pack, put his suggestedmd2.dat file into your SRB2 directory, rename it it md2.dat, then follow the rest of my previously advice. If that still doesn't work, then you may need to contact someone else.

Oh, and before I forget, make absolute sure you are in OpenGL mode. It will be obvious you are in that mode if..

a)your view is not skewed looking up or down in first person
b)the color preview bugs out when changing character in multiplayer
c)A message warning about OGL mode pops up when loading a map

First of all, do you know how to run SRB2 on OGL?
Secondly, what did you do?
Finally, what version are you using?

Download SRB2CB, DONE!
SRB2CB is outdated and will not work with the current version of SRB2. Not to mention all its beneficial changes for MD2s have been merged into 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back