Why does using OpenGL cause Discord streaming to break?

SRB2 is fun, but its more fun to play while my friends watch. Unfortunately, there's been a rather consistent issue with the game for the past few weeks. Essentially, if I attempt to stream the game with OpenGL enabled, then the stream will appear frozen on a single frame, although the audio will continue to play normally. Streaming the whole screen works, but this means that no audio will be streamed over Discord; as well, things other than SRB2 will be visible, which is bad for privacy reasons.

If the game is using software rendering, then the stream will work without any issues. Software has a bunch of disadvantages though, namely the inability to use 3D models for the player character. What I've found is that the only solution is to start the stream while using software rendering, then, while the stream is active, turn on OpenGL. Unfortunately, sometimes the stream will still break, and it only seems to be a temporary fix at best.

Meanwhile, whenever my friends stream the game, they're able to do no problem, even with OpenGL enabled. What exactly is the issue for me? Is it possibly on Discord's end?

That's quite weird, I remember back in 2.1 it was actually the opposite as discord didn't seem to like software mode.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back