Why does people hate Chris from sonic x

It kinda depends on whether you watch the original Japanese version of Sonic X, or the 4Kids dub. The 4Kids version opted to change a lot of things, to the extent that even some plot details are entirely different or removed with edited scenes to suit the dub. One of these changes was Chris's characterization, which is much better in the Japanese version.

I'd probably recommend the Japanese version (with subs if necessary) for any first time watchers just to get the raw, uncensored version of events and preserving the original intention behind the portrayal of the characters.

I think it's because he doesn't fit, Sonic X is mostly based on the sonic adventure story (or at least the season 1 and 2) that had no human protagonists, so seeing chris just force himself in the already existing story could be annoying

It kinda depends on whether you watch the original Japanese version of Sonic X, or the 4Kids dub. The 4Kids version opted to change a lot of things, to the extent that even some plot details are entirely different or removed with edited scenes to suit the dub. One of these changes was Chris's characterization, which is much better in the Japanese version.

I'd probably recommend the Japanese version (with subs if necessary) for any first time watchers just to get the raw, uncensored version of events and preserving the original intention behind the portrayal of the characters.
Anime law:

Better version of anime

Japanese version of anime

Anime law:

Better version of anime

Japanese version of anime
I personally don't have anything against localized versions in and of themselves, but I do hold the original artist's intent in high regard. Sonic X in particular (or rather, I should say 4Kids in particular) infringes on this quite a lot.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back