Who's getting a DSi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
super said:
blargen said:
Not me... I think the ds lite is as good as nintendo can get. Until they make a diffrent hand-held.
With 4 screens, each with different game play gimmicks.
Although that does bring the question, whats next for Nintendo on the Hand held market?
Excatly my point. Nintendo has been the leader in handelds. Since 1993

What ever happened to ergnomics, Nintendo? The Lite wasn't very ergonomic and the DSi doesn't look that much different in that department. The original GBA practically melted into my hands. I want that comfort back.

Now that i've expressed my biggest turn off on the DSi, i'd probably get one anyway because my Lite isn't in the best condition. However, I don't wanna pay all that money again.

I would only get it if it had a GBA slot. since it does not, screw it. 2 cameras and supposedly 2 touch screens doesn't make a difference. NO GBA, NO DSi!

The lack of a GBA slot isn't that big of a deal to me. I honestly can't name every GBA game that I've given away/sold/traded because I got either bored or outright frustrated with them. (With Pokemon Ruby, I got up to the Elite Four, lost, realized I would need to raise up a whole new team just to beat those guys, and gave up on it. I'm serious. XD) The only GBA games that I still have are Sonic Advance, Mario Kart, and Metroid Zero Mission. Although if it weren't for Sonic Advance and Zero Mission, I'd just sell my SP and GBA altogether, no kidding.
Chrispy said:
Actually, it's not fragile at all. I've dropped mine SEVERAL times and it still looks new. Not a single scratch, crack, or anything. And they've got a great '09 lineup of games to come. The most popular would have to be Little Big Planet, RockBand Unplugged, and Motorstorm.
The daedalus N64 emulator isn't all that great right now, though. It's more of a Super Mario 64 emulator since that's the only fully functional game for it right now.

EDIT: Although, every so often when I drop it the UMD drive opens up. Not really like I use it anyway, considering I have CFW. Which is VERY easy to install. I've made money by getting CFW on my friends PSPs, and it only took 2 minutes.
I still wonder about the screen's durability, but I was definitely wrong about the case's. And who gives a crap about the UMD drive if you can just run "backups" from a card anyway.
I've been reading more stuff about Daedalus, seems like development's been on hold for a while. Some have said it was more of a Proof-of-concept than anything, although I'm still curious as to how well it could handle OoT, have to look into it.

Eh, I need to quit assuming the worst possible things about stuff like this. I didn't even think Blaze was a good idea until I actually used her in Sonic Rush, and then she became the very reason I got into SRB2 character WADding. :P

Dr.Pepper said:
The lack of a GBA slot isn't that big of a deal to me. I honestly can't name every GBA game that I've given away/sold/traded because I got either bored or outright frustrated with them. (With Pokemon Ruby, I got up to the Elite Four, lost, realized I would need to raise up a whole new team just to beat those guys, and gave up on it. I'm serious. XD) The only GBA games that I still have are Sonic Advance, Mario Kart, and Metroid Zero Mission. Although if it weren't for Sonic Advance and Zero Mission, I'd just sell my SP and GBA altogether, no kidding.
Chrispy said:
Actually, it's not fragile at all. I've dropped mine SEVERAL times and it still looks new. Not a single scratch, crack, or anything. And they've got a great '09 lineup of games to come. The most popular would have to be Little Big Planet, RockBand Unplugged, and Motorstorm.
The daedalus N64 emulator isn't all that great right now, though. It's more of a Super Mario 64 emulator since that's the only fully functional game for it right now.

EDIT: Although, every so often when I drop it the UMD drive opens up. Not really like I use it anyway, considering I have CFW. Which is VERY easy to install. I've made money by getting CFW on my friends PSPs, and it only took 2 minutes.
I still wonder about the screen's durability, but I was definitely wrong about the case's. And who gives a crap about the UMD drive if you can just run "backups" from a card anyway.
I've been reading more stuff about Daedalus, seems like development's been on hold for a while. Some have said it was more of a Proof-of-concept than anything, although I'm still curious as to how well it could handle OoT, have to look into it.

Eh, I need to quit assuming the worst possible things about stuff like this. I didn't even think Blaze was a good idea until I actually used her in Sonic Rush, and then she became the very reason I got into SRB2 character WADding. :P
Someone else picked up where the original guy left off. They made a new release called Daedalus X64 or something like that. I think Oot is almost fully playable, with a few graphic bugs.

I have a DSi, and it is awesome! The browser is free once you connect to the internet, you get 1000 DSi Shop points once you log on, the camera works like and EyeToy (shown in WarioWare: Snapped) and all games work on the DSi without removing the save data. =D

Anyway, to agree with Dr. Pepper about the 3D Sonic game. But there's one problem, you can't release the game out in a box. You would have to put it on DSiWare so that normal DS users can't get it.

I might get one after I buy an XBOX 360. But I'm still keeping my black DS lite. (I originally had a blue original but I broke it in a fit of rage a few years back...)

I honestly am not going to get it. Even though it's incredibly awesome with its online downloading and storing and a built in camera, it lacks backwards compatibility. My DS is like a rechargeable GBA. It would be nice if I could play color, but it's still pretty cool.
If SRB2DS is created, though, I'll buy it.

Questionguy555 said:
I honestly am not going to get it. Even though it's incredibly awesome with its online downloading and storing and a built in camera, it lacks backwards compatibility. My DS is like a rechargeable GBA. It would be nice if I could play color, but it's still pretty cool.
If SRB2DS is created, though, I'll buy it.

Its been announced you'll be able to download GBA games....
Though I can see people complaining about them already owning the title...

Autosaver said:
Its been announced you'll be able to download GBA games....
Though I can see people complaining about them already owning the title...

Where is the announcement, and are they going to start with the big-name titles or are we going to have to potentially wait several years for our favorite game to be accessible? What titles are going to launch with the downloadable GBA feature from the start?

My sister beat the crap out of my black DS lite... 70 dollars to fix it plus shipping... my ds's power switch is BUSTED... somehow. i think it's the motherboard. A perfect opportunity to get a DSi...!

;3

At $169.99?!?!? You've gotta be kidding! I'm better off taking my brother's DS from him. At least that one's for free. (well, technically he paid for it)

EDIT:
Dr.P said:
if it weren't for Sonic Advance and Zero Mission, I'd just sell my SP and GBA altogether, no kidding.

The SP might be good, but I wouldn't bother with the GBA. I took mine to Game Stop and they only gave me $40 for it X(

Nintendo had a promotion...(Somewhere) where selling your DSLite would gives you $100 contributed to your DSi.

Oh the game boy games thing is here
So far, the confirmed handhelds are the Nintendo Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Sega Game Gear, and NEC's TurboExpress. Games can be stored via the DSi's internal memory or through an SD card. Confirmed launch titles are Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, and Sonic Triple Trouble.

Whoops, no GBA?

Chrispy said:
Someone else picked up where the original guy left off. They made a new release called Daedalus X64 or something like that. I think Oot is almost fully playable, with a few graphic bugs.
Really? I need to look into that version of the emulator.
Angelus_the_echidna said:
The SP might be good, but I wouldn't bother with the GBA. I took mine to Game Stop and they only gave me $40 for it X(
Forty dollars? Damn, and I thought I'd be lucky to just get $20 out of my GBA, even though it still has the box/manual. :P
Angelus_the_echidna said:
At $169.99?!?!? You've gotta be kidding! I'm better off taking my brother's DS from him. At least that one's for free. (well, technically he paid for it)
Or you could do what I've always done, and wait until preowned units run for a fair price. I've never been crazy enough about games to shell out hundreds for their hardware, or for the games themselves. (Unless it's a new Zelda game, then I HAVE to have it.)

Btw, it's great seeing you around again, Angelus! :D

Back on the subject, I think I'll just forget the idea of nabbing a DSi for now. I want to wait and see how third-party game developers make use of the new, improved hardware. If we get screwed out of prettier/better 3D games, I'm not gonna touch it if the upgrade isn't mandatory in order to play newer games. Possible improvements in the homebrew scene alone aren't enough to be worth the price of buying the system all over again.
Nintendo really should consider making their obviously-overpriced consoles upgradeable by the end-user. We haven't seen anything like that since the N64's Expansion pack.
Violo said:
But there's one problem, you can't release the game out in a box. You would have to put it on DSiWare so that normal DS users can't get it.
There are ways of keeping DSLites/Phats from executing a DSi exclusive game, ya know. Ever remember trying to put a GBC-Only game into a Gameboy Pocket, only to see a message saying something along the lines of, "Only for the Gameboy Color, blah blah blah."? :P I did that once for the hell of it. XD

If you ask me it's a waste for gamers however if it were for like a family of people who liked taking pictures and stuff like that i'd be for them, other then that BIG waste of money it like saying the wii won't have virtual console but it'll have a little better graphics, IT MAKES NO SENSE TO BUY at that price.

I can't be the only one getting tired of Nintendo deciding they made the wrong machine _after_ they started mass production and selling it. I'm fully aware that it's not that simple, but it seems like consumers are doomed to upgrade their Nintendo handhelds for eternity, as the shape of the machine twists and turns into something that makes the people who caused Nintendo to actually turn profit on a device get left out in the cold, as the resale value of their machine dips with the release of the superior model. I can't help but wonder if Nintendo had told everyone "Oh, and by 2009 your DS Lites will be officially old hat, because we're making another DS then.", would they have sold that many?
I doubt it.

Dr.P said:
Forty dollars? Damn, and I thought I'd be lucky to just get $20 out of my GBA, even though it still has the box/manual. :P
We're talking as opposed to an SP, which my cousin sold one for nearly 70 to the same place, and I'm just thinkin "70 bucks for an SP? What the hell's a 13-year-old girl going to spend that kind of money on?"

Btw, it's great seeing you around again, Angelus! :D
It's good to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back