Who is your favorite classical composer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I listen to an enormous amount of classical music on NPR. I can't really say I have one, but there are several composers that jump out at me.

Beethoven - His symphonies.
J.S. Bach - His choral works.
Mozart - Insert happy piano melody here.

Though these guys aren't technically classical I'll mention them anyway:

G. Bizet - He wrote Carmen.
G. Holst - Suite in F, Suite in Eb, and wrote The Planets.

Beethoven and Schubert(sp?)... but my favorite pieces usually are played in a 'minor key'. Most other pieces usually sound awfully generic to me.

Favorite songs that I can think of are:

(Beethoven) Moonlight Sonata (almost creepy)
(Beethoven) 4th Symphony (I think, its the one with loud start)
(Beethoven) Fur Elise (first large classical piece I tried playing)
(Mozart) Rondo Alla Turca
(Schubert) Ave Maria

And... if you want to be technical, Bach wasn't in the Classical period, he was in the Baroque period. His music is significantly different to most music in the Classical period because it is written for different instruments and purposes. I think Schubert is in the Romance period but I'm not sure... I know he thought very highly of Beethoven.

I don't listen to much classical but I do enjoy it contrary to being into the death metal / hardcore scene.

I like Mozart, Bach and Beethoven. Fur Elise is also probably one of the first songs I learned to play. I think the first may have been the 1st level from Sonic 3D Blast (I actually played it in a 3rd grade talent show lol). Also I love Moonlight Sonata. That was one of the only songs I bothered to learn on my keyboard before I started playing guitar. I think I learned it on guitar too along with carol of the bells but by now I've sadly forgotten it learning new stuff, not that it'd be hard to re-learn though.

I think as long as whoever it is plays classical music they should count.
I used to be a massive fan of Yanni, not that he's classical though...

Why not if they're playing classical music? Just because their age isn't classical, doesn't mean their music isn't.
That's like saying you have to be dead like Picasso to make a cubist painting.

Sumakima said:
I REALLY like his techno remix of "He's A Pirate".
I was soooo obsessed with Hans Zimmer's work in Pirates 2 that I learned
some of the stuff like the Davy Jones and Krakken theme songs on guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back