Which Sonic game has the worst music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple one here, which Sonic game in your opinion has the worst music?

For me, it has to be Sonic R. Immediately muted it after the first race.

Sonic R's music > you. You'd have to be pretty damn insensitive to not like it.

Now its lyrics suck, but you can turn those off. Always could.

I love R's music. The lyrics are what really kill it, the instrumentation was great.

Aww, the cheesy lyrics are what make it so awesome.

Anyhow, I'd have to go with Heroes on worst music. It's so generic, and let's not even TALK about the theme song.

I didn't know you can turn the lyrics off. Oh well, I like sonic r music. I hate srb2 music the most. lol just kidding... :roll:

How can I hate srb2 music, it's so much better than Sonic Heroes music, which sucked as much as the game, title song was ok.

Anyway, I don't like Heroes' music. It's just boring. The theme songs all suck, except for "What I'm Made Of."

I'd have to agree on TDA that Sonic R's music sucks. Songs like that DON'T belong in a Sonic game.

Except you fail to mention which soundtrack.

(PS: and since I don't feel like posting again so soon, shadow the fox didn't either. C'mon, people, you ARE aware there are two different soundtracks, right?

sonic CD is a good game but bad music.
sonic heros music sucked more thain the game.
sonic R music was better with the crappy voice.
sonic riders... errrr thats on the border line for me.

Shadow Hog said:
Except you fail to mention which soundtrack.
Both. Both of them are boring and don't fit the game at all, IMO.

Edit: Oh yeah, if we're including Riders into this.. then Riders is the worst. It's nothing but a bunch of repetitive beats. The invincibility music isn't even good, it's the same 3 beats over and over :|.
..Riders has invincibility, right? Maybe I'm thinking of speed shoes or something..

"Boring".

Sorry, the energetic JPN soundtrack is the antithesis of "boring". Frankly, if you thought that was boring, then so must the soundtrack to just about every Genesis Sonic title.

Anyway, to answer the question, Shadow's music was utterly forgettable - most of it didn't have any melody at all. Heroes at least had some catchy tunes to it.

All 2D Sonic games have bad music. SRB2 has fitting original music for the levels, but that doesn't mean the music itself is good. Think there is a reason I have ALL my music replaced?

For the 3D Sonic games, I really liked the theme songs of them. The music itself is pretty good and fitting, but...meh....

"Follow me, set me free...judge me and we will escape from the city!"

Mystic said:
Aww, the cheesy lyrics are what make it so awesome.

Anyhow, I'd have to go with Heroes on worst music. It's so generic, and let's not even TALK about the theme song.

The theme song was embarrasing. I have to agre with that. "What I'm Made Of" was god though.

Personally, I haven't found much that I haven't liked yet, at least for a specific game. Even SH was pretty good, mostly with Power Plant and Bullet Station. What I DON'T like, though, are usually the ones with lyrics. I haven't liked any Sonic music with lyrics other than the Crush 40 themes. Then again, I have weird music tastes anyway, so whatever. :roll:

sonic labrinth.

One of my favorits is Sonic Adventure 2 Battle's green hill music.

Bringing old scholl into the modern age!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back