Which Power Ranger are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrow

Old-school composer
I may very well have linked this before. I can't remember. Searching came up with nothing; either I never linked to it, or the original topic has long been deleted. At any rate, I'm linking it anew because I've done a massive amount of work on it.

http://dszone.sepwich.com/extra/MorphinQuiz.php

What this is, essentially, is a quiz that tells you what Power Ranger you are and which Zord you'd use (from season 1 to 3 only). For those interested in the way the system is broken down, it classifies you by three major types and three minor ones. Major ones are Shade (Light, Dark, or Shadow, basically how good or evil you are), Level (Dino, Thunder, and Ninja, which tells how you react to situations), and your Color (your general personality decides your color). The minor ones are whether you're an attention-grabber or not, whether you're an active person or not, and whether you're a team player or not. Your level and color together decide your animal. The entire setup was designed by a fanfic author actually.

As far as the work done on it, I've taken the oppurtunity to completely change the format of the quiz. Instead of asking you blatantly obvious questions about your personality, the quiz now asks you 25 questions related to the PR universe; what you'd do in situations similar to what the Rangers went through at any given day. How you would fight an enemy in battle. What options you would use to fight them. How you would react to an enemy infiltrating your base. What you would do when a teammate got hurt or a mechanical device at base failed. What your response would be if you were chosen to be a Ranger, and who your team's leader would be. So on and so forth.

Doing it this way was exactly what I needed to get rid of the problems I've been having before, about how the quiz was skewed and had trouble pegging certain colors. Now it has no trouble at all; if you're a Purple or White Ranger, you'll know it properly. I think the quiz is also a lot more fun to take this way, what with all the hypothetical questions.

And yes, there was no Purple Ranger. That fanfic author needed another color to match the 8th possible personality in the editorial, so she made that one up, along with its three animals. She had to make up other animals too; the Green Ranger never had a Thunder or Ninjazord, and the White Ranger never had a Dinozord.

Other minor changes from the old version of the quiz abound. The quiz, in addition to telling you what type of Ranger you'd be, will give you examples of the color: various people from other shows and anime who are that color if they're already Rangers, or would be that color if they're not. Also, the quiz now takes streaks and helices into effect. The quiz operates by taking all your answers and adding 1 (or 2 or 3 if it's a more important question) to a variable set for each color, and the color with the highest number at the end is yours. If there's a second number that's 3 or less away from your main one, then you'd be the first color with streaks of the second. Last time I quizzed myself, I came up 16 for Blue, and the closest color behind me was 9 for Yellow, so the chances of anyone actually coming up as a streak are pretty rare. A helix is where a person gets an identical number for two colors; this is so rare as to be practically impossible. But the quiz takes it into account regardless.

Anyways, figured some of you may get a kick out of knowing what type of spandex-suited mecha-driving hero you'd be. Now your lives can be complete.

Shade: Light
Level: Dino (Body)
Color: Black
Archetype: The Bard
Traits: Recessive Negative Masculine
You are on the side of Light; you would be a Black Ranger. Your animal is the Mastodon (RNM)

Wielders who draw from the Light tend to be what most consider 'good;' noble, unselfish, compassionate, honorable-- or at least hold these up as an ideal to shoot for. Should a holder betray these virtues completely, he or she will find that the connection has disappeared.

Dino types are physical, usually preferring to bull through a problem with a minimum of fuss. Once started on a course of action, they find it hard to turn aside or change tacks. Strong and stalwart, they nevertheless possess all the subtlety of a chainsaw.

Reliable, calm, and supportive, Blacks serve as the perfect second-in-command for a team or a squadron. No matter what burdens are placed on their shoulders, Blacks stand up under them, never shying away from their duties. Many Blacks are singers or storytellers, hence the name of the archetype. Even those without much artistic talent, however, are mediators and peacemakers, just like the bards of old.

Notable Blacks: Darkwing Duck - Launchpad McQuack (Dino), Power Rangers - Zack Taylor (Thunder), Power Rangers - Adam Park (Black Ninja with Yellow streaks), Digimon - Joe Kido (Ninja)

A Recessive person is usually in the background, letting the friends do most of the work, providing support when necessary. A Negative person is more quiet and reserved, less active. A Masculine person is not definitely male persay; rather, he or she is more of a loner regarding problem solving. A Masculine person tends to solve problems on his or her own, only getting help when no other options are available.
?

Level: Ninja (Soul)
Color: Green
Archetype: The Paladin
Traits: Dominant Negative Masculine
You are on the side of Light; you would be a Green Ranger. Your animal is the Panther (DNM)

The paragraph breakdown pegs me perfectly. Honestly, I'm surprised the thing didn't croak, considering how many seemingly contradictory answers I gave it.

Sonicandtails218 said:
You are on the side of Light; you would be a Green Ranger. Your animal is the Panther (DNM)

The paragraph breakdown pegs me perfectly. Honestly, I'm surprised the thing didn't croak, considering how many seemingly contradictory answers I gave it.

It came close, but when the tallies for all the colors come up to less than 10, the script doesn't care how many are one away or equal to each other; it just takes the highest in order.

Your tallies were the following:
Red - 7
Green - 9
Blue - 6
Pink - 5
Yellow - 5
Black - 8
Purple - 9
White - 8.

Purple is the trickster, and loves setting up traps for enemies. They also don't respect people they don't know, but once you've earned the trust of one, they'll be your friend for life. White is pretty much Green without the internal darkness and magnetism for trouble, so it's understandable that you got that as a partial. But since White is so similar to Green anyways, it being a partial is pretty much irrevelant. Black is the singer/storyteller/party livener. They're also calm and reliable, so they make good second-in-commands if they're not already the leader.

So essentially, you're a Green/Purple mix with a little bit of Black.

Morphin Grid Selector said:
Level: Thunder (Mind)
You are on the side of Light; you would be a Green Ranger. Your animal is the Basilisk (DNM)

Wielders who draw from the Light tend to be what most consider 'good;' noble, unselfish, compassionate, honorable-- or at least hold these up as an ideal to shoot for. Should a holder betray these virtues completely, he or she will find that the connection has disappeared.

Thunder is the level of the Mind. These types prefer to use their wits to get through a crisis. Usually lighter-hearted than either of their counterparts, Thunder types will throw themselves into action, reinventing their ideas on the fly, if need be. Patience is not one of their strong suits, nor is persistence. Thunders would rather find the easiest, quickest way of resolving a problem, rather than waiting for a solution to present itself, or keeping at a seemingly unsuccessful tactic.

Two of the Green Grid Animals are reptiles, a fact which is quite fitting with the legendary Green temper. Unlike Reds, whose anger burns quickly and hot, Green anger is a cold, slow-burning flame. It's usually a terrifying thing to behold, because it can do so much more damage. Luckily, Greens don't get truly angry very often, and when they do, it's a righteous rage. After all, the Green Archetype is also known as the Holy Knight. As the name would imply, Greens are usually noble and honorable, warriors who fight to uphold what they believe in and protect the innocent. Often loners to some extent, they tend to be very self-contained, rarely giving anyone a glimpse into their inner self. Their friendship is hard to obtain, but once given, is nearly impossible to lose. And most people who have put forth the effort will agree that, on the whole, the rewards are worth it.

Greens are warriors, knights, not soldiers. As a result, they often have a hard time following orders, which leads to a lot of friction with Reds. Greens follow orders only when they respect the person giving them, and rank isn't necessarily going to win a Green's respect. They have little patience for bureaucracy, mindless rules, or doing things 'because that's the way it is.' Often, Greens make better leaders than followers, because they will never needlessly endanger a person under their protection. In fact, Greens often are self-sacrificing, simply because they value the lives of others much more than their own.

Bad things tend to happen to Greens, and no one knows quite why. Many of them are orphans, and most hide at least one painful secret in their pasts. Usually more. Perhaps because of this, Greens tend to be the ones who walk the line between the darkness and light more often than the other colors. To balance this out, Greens tend to latch onto a quest, something to focus on, a service higher than themselves. Whether it's Scott Summers and his devotion to Charles Xavier's dream, Dinobot and his honor, or Tommy Oliver's desire to be the perfect Ranger, every Green has a dream that means far more than life itself.

Notable Greens: Darkwing Duck (Dino), Ghostbusters - Peter Venkman (Thunder), Power Rangers - Tommy Oliver (Ninja), X-Files - Fox Mulder (Ninja), Digimon - Yamato "Matt" Ishida (Ninja), Transformers - Rodimus Prime (Thunder), Transformers Beast Wars - Rattrap (Thunder), Jim Ellison (Ninja), Transformers Beast Wars - Dinobot (Dino), Big Bad Beetleborgs - Drew McCormick (Ninja)

A Dominant person is in the front of the crowd, usually the focus of attention. A Negative person is more quiet and reserved, less active. A Masculine person is not definitely male persay; rather, he or she is more of a loner regarding problem solving. A Masculine person tends to solve problems on his or her own, only getting help when no other options are available.

Color: Yellow
Archetype: The Fixer
Traits: Recessive Negative Feminine
You are on the side of Light; you would be a Yellow Ranger. Your animal is the Bear (RNF)

Ninja is level of the soul. Calm and patient, Ninja types would prefer to let a situation play itself out until a solution becomes apparent. While they possess more finesse and patience than the other types, they are not suited to quick action or hasty changes in tactics. Quieter than the other two divisions, they sometimes have a tendency to brood.

Yellows are also considered healers. Unlike Pinks, though, they don't so much want to relieve pain as fix what's broken. This is an important difference, as it explains why Yellows are more able to let people hurt, to deal with the pain and grow from the experience. Not that Yellows aren't compassionate. They are, they don't like seeing people hurt. But they tend to be more concerned with fixing the damage than simply relieving the pain, and they know that sometimes, without pain, nothing is going to get fixed. Yellows are often healers of mind and spirit, and also of rifts between friends. Whatever a Yellow sees as broken, he or she will desperately try to fix.

For many Yellows, this desire to fix things spills over into a fascination with machines and mechanical equipment. Many Yellows are what is known as 'techs--' people with mechanical skill, but no creative, inventive streak.

Notable Yellows: Ghostbusters - Janine Melnitz (Dino), Power Rangers - Aisha Cambell (Thunder), Power Rangers - Trini Kwan (Ninja), Power Rangers - Adam Park (Black Ninja with Yellow streaks), MacGyver (Thunder), Digimon - Takeru "TK" Takaishi (Ninja), Ghostbusters - Ray Stantz (Yellow/White Ninja Helix), Transformers Beast Wars - Cheetor (Dino)

A Recessive person is usually in the background, letting the friends do most of the work, providing support when necessary. A Negative person is more quiet and reserved, less active. A Feminine person is not definitely female persay; rather, he or she uses his or her teammates from the get-go when dealing with problems. A Feminine person prefers to use a cooperative effort to help tackle difficulties, getting friends involved.

Okk, that kind of sounds like me......

Ninja is level of the soul. Calm and patient, Ninja types would prefer to let a situation play itself out until a solution becomes apparent. While they possess more finesse and patience than the other types, they are not suited to quick action or hasty changes in tactics. Quieter than the other two divisions, they sometimes have a tendency to brood.

Two of the Green Grid Animals are reptiles, a fact which is quite fitting with the legendary Green temper. Unlike Reds, whose anger burns quickly and hot, Green anger is a cold, slow-burning flame. It's usually a terrifying thing to behold, because it can do so much more damage. Luckily, Greens don't get truly angry very often, and when they do, it's a righteous rage. After all, the Green Archetype is also known as the Holy Knight. As the name would imply, Greens are usually noble and honorable, warriors who fight to uphold what they believe in and protect the innocent. Often loners to some extent, they tend to be very self-contained, rarely giving anyone a glimpse into their inner self. Their friendship is hard to obtain, but once given, is nearly impossible to lose. And most people who have put forth the effort will agree that, on the whole, the rewards are worth it.

Greens are warriors, knights, not soldiers. As a result, they often have a hard time following orders, which leads to a lot of friction with Reds. Greens follow orders only when they respect the person giving them, and rank isn't necessarily going to win a Green's respect. They have little patience for bureaucracy, mindless rules, or doing things 'because that's the way it is.' Often, Greens make better leaders than followers, because they will never needlessly endanger a person under their protection. In fact, Greens often are self-sacrificing, simply because they value the lives of others much more than their own.

Bad things tend to happen to Greens, and no one knows quite why. Many of them are orphans, and most hide at least one painful secret in their pasts. Usually more. Perhaps because of this, Greens tend to be the ones who walk the line between the darkness and light more often than the other colors. To balance this out, Greens tend to latch onto a quest, something to focus on, a service higher than themselves. Whether it's Scott Summers and his devotion to Charles Xavier's dream, Dinobot and his honor, or Tommy Oliver's desire to be the perfect Ranger, every Green has a dream that means far more than life itself.

Notable Greens: Darkwing Duck (Dino), Ghostbusters - Peter Venkman (Thunder), Power Rangers - Tommy Oliver (Ninja), X-Files - Fox Mulder (Ninja), Digimon - Yamato "Matt" Ishida (Ninja), Transformers - Rodimus Prime (Thunder), Transformers Beast Wars - Rattrap (Thunder), Jim Ellison (Ninja), Transformers Beast Wars - Dinobot (Dino), Big Bad Beetleborgs - Drew McCormick (Ninja)

A Dominant person is in the front of the crowd, usually the focus of attention. A Negative person is more quiet and reserved, less active. A Masculine person is not definitely male persay; rather, he or she is more of a loner regarding problem solving. A Masculine person tends to solve problems on his or her own, only getting help when no other options are available.
Ah. But aren't Power Rangers teh suxxors? =P Come to think of it, when my brother and I played Power Rangers, I was always Tommy. Oddly enough, I didn't even remember anything about the show, until I read 'Tommy'. That alone sparked something in my mind.

EDIT: Apparently ST218 and I are the same person. Yawzers.

Level: Dino (Body)
Color: Purple
Archetype: The Trickster
Traits: Dominant Positive Feminine
You are on the side of Light; you would be a Purple Ranger. Your animal is the Wyvern (DPF)
Tallies
Light - 5. - Shadow - 3. Dark - 4.
Dino - 2. Thunder - 1. Ninja - 1.
Red - 7. Green - 8. Blue - 13. Pink - 5. Yellow - 8. Black - 7. Purple - 14. White - 9.

Dino types are physical, usually preferring to bull through a problem with a minimum of fuss. Once started on a course of action, they find it hard to turn aside or change tacks. Strong and stalwart, they nevertheless possess all the subtlety of a chainsaw.

The Trickster is a commonly known archetype. Most people are familiar with at least one of his mythological incarnations. Coyote, Raven, Anansi, Loki, Fox... the variations are endless, but one thing remains the same-- Trickster is everywhere.

Purples are the Tricksters of the Grid. Deception is their stock in trade, and they practice it often. Purples live by no rules but their own, and follow their own code of honor. They most especially love deflating the pompous and watching the bad guys fall into their own traps. Fiercely loyal to those they deem worthy, the best protection one can have from their schemes is to earn their respect. Unfortunately, that's something much easier said than done.

Notable Purples: Darkwing Duck - Gosalyn Mallard (Dino), Transformers Beast Wars - Black Arachnia (Thunder), Digimon - Sora Takenouchi (Ninja), Power Rangers - Astronema/Karone (Dino), X-Files - Cigarette Smoking Man (Dark Ninja)

A Dominant person is in the front of the crowd, usually the focus of attention. A Positive person is active, in the front of the battlefield, in the midst of the action. A Feminine person is not definitely female persay; rather, he or she uses his or her teammates from the get-go when dealing with problems. A Feminine person prefers to use a cooperative effort to help tackle difficulties, getting friends involved.

The cooperative thing doesn't sound like me though. and the feminine thing also doesn't

Arrow said:
Sonicandtails218 said:

It came close, but when the tallies for all the colors come up to less than 10, the script doesn't care how many are one away or equal to each other; it just takes the highest in order.

Your tallies were the following:
Red - 7
Green - 9
Blue - 6
Pink - 5
Yellow - 5
Black - 8
Purple - 9
White - 8.

Purple is the trickster, and loves setting up traps for enemies. They also don't respect people they don't know, but once you've earned the trust of one, they'll be your friend for life. White is pretty much Green without the internal darkness and magnetism for trouble, so it's understandable that you got that as a partial. But since White is so similar to Green anyways, it being a partial is pretty much irrevelant. Black is the singer/storyteller/party livener. They're also calm and reliable, so they make good second-in-commands if they're not already the leader.

So essentially, you're a Green/Purple mix with a little bit of Black.

Arrow, that's damn scarily accurate. I gotta pass this on to some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back