Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't help you in the least.
You're stuck on SRB2's base 256 colors. You can't use anything besides that.

Don't forget that character sprites can't be too big... I mean, nearly all of Sonic's sprites are 70x70 pixels big (when including the Cyan that acts as a transparent colour), yet character sprites can be bigger than that as long as it's not by too much...

Just making sure you know that, just in case you don't...

Monster Iestyn said:
Don't forget that character sprites can't be too big... I mean, nearly all of Sonic's sprites are 70x70 pixels big (when including the Cyan that acts as a transparent colour), yet character sprites can be bigger than that as long as it's not by too much...

Just making sure you know that, just in case you don't...

HIRES = 1

I think hires doesn't do the right thing in software mode (it stretches down the sprite so it's exactly the same as it would be in lores), also I think it doesn't work properly in OpenGL.

Just so you know, the exact collision height for a player is 64 units. Sprites normally are a bit higher as leaving a margin is always good. This is just to give you an idea.

OK, but if you make a WAD, make it to work in normal SRB2. If it really makes use of a heavy modified mod such as SRB2JTE, OK then, but don't make something that works in a small mod only and not the normal version.

EDIT: also hires sprites take 4 times more space in memory :P

Thanks all I got the program,
I shall try it out now,
BTW I may add some of my zone wads to a download site like megaupload,
I got one thats scorpion castle its awsome,
and I have 13 other zone wads :D
I'll post in the releases section when I do :D

EDIT: I need a sonic wad file, not the plr one,
I need it because I wanted to edit sonic to practice wad making

miles305678 said:

I think it's the same thing. Just open the "Sonic.plr" in your editing program to check.

Sik said:
OK, but if you make a WAD, make it to work in normal SRB2. If it really makes use of a heavy modified mod such as SRB2JTE, OK then, but don't make something that works in a small mod only and not the normal version.
The thing is this: The OpenGL bug is just that, a bug. If a 1.09.4a-compatible EXE modification can fix that, then that modification should be used. Especially given that PrettySRB2 fixes a whole bunch of OpenGL bugs, and adds some nice little features to boot.

Sik said:
EDIT: also hires sprites take 4 times more space in memory :P

Not a terribly big deal though. :S

Ice said:
miles305678 said:

I think it's the same thing. Just open the "Sonic.plr" in your editing program to check.
Yes, it's a WAD with a different extension, but there's a little detail... Sonic isn't like any other character. It's default properties are hardcoded in the game. So no S_SKIN and similar, and moreover, its sprites are inside S_START and S_END, something characters normally don't have.

What about trying Tails or Knuckles, who have normal character WADs?

Sik said:
Ice said:
miles305678 said:

Yes, it's a WAD with a different extension, but there's a little detail... Sonic isn't like any other character. It's default properties are hardcoded in the game. So no S_SKIN and similar, and moreover, its sprites are inside S_START and S_END, something characters normally don't have.

They are in plrs as well... and no s_skin in them either.

Ok I moded the shadow wad but,
When I use it on srb2 the game quites when I hit springs?
and on jte I die when I hit spring lightdash or thok?
they both say its some invalid sprite error and something about
mobj?

miles305678 said:
Ok I moded the shadow wad but,
When I use it on srb2 the game quites when I hit springs?
and on jte I die when I hit spring lightdash or thok?
they both say its some invalid sprite error and something about
mobj?

Are the last frames lowercase? I mean, the PLAYa and PLAYb ones. The problem you have is a problem that relates to these two frames, where they end up uppercase like the ones that are supposed to be the uppercase ones...

I hope you get what I mean... I'm not very good at explaining things...

Monster Iestyn said:
Sik said:
Ice said:
miles305678 said:

They are in plrs as well... and no s_skin in them either.
We already said they're WADs with a different extension -_- Through I'm quite sure Tails and Knuckles do have S_SKIN and such. Gotta check that :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back