Which level do you like/hate the most in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal favorite of all of the levels would be ERZ probably. The way the game finally climaxes in this technological zone is quite amazing to say the least. The music is well made and the level has a air of finality in it. The difficulty is quite hard but it is to be expected from the last zone in the game.

My least favorite zone would probably be CEZ due to it not even being completely finished so far and because of that how difficult and laggy it can play at times.

jcoke, DCZ= Dark City Zone. It's not even made yet!
Pretty sure you meant Deep Sea Zone (DSZ) over there.
My favorite zone? It's either AAZ *flamed* or PMZ.

I love ACZ. I'm sorry but I can't stand ERZ. I like the concept though, and I won't argue that it is a good mapset. But it just keeps going on and on and on...

What I like and dislike? That's hard. Well, let's go on!

~COOP~
Like: Deep Sea, Arid Canyon and EggRock
Why: Deep Sea is incredibly easy and I like water/ruin levels. Arid Canyon
just ROCKS! And EggRock is because I love space station themed levels, since
there are many gimmicks.
Dislike: Castle Eggman and Techno Hill
Why: I don't need to explain. And Techno Hill, especially Act 1. It's just awful
Greenflower remake without any decoration. Greenflower had at least flowers and bushes.

~MATCH~
Like: Meadow Match
Why: As long I can crush bots (sometimes players) here I will love it!
Well but really, it's simple and small stage where are really big matches, because
of the size.
Dislike: Desolate Twilight
Why: Infernal Cavern is okay but Desolate Twilight is for me already incredibly annoying.
Spectrum can explain why. His 1 million point netgame get me into hating that level.

~CAPTURE THE FLAG~
Like: Cloud Palace
Why: Bomb ring abuse!! :D
Dislike: Nimbus Ruins
Why: Death Pits. Hard for Sonic to handle. Rail ring abuse!! D:

~RACE~
I'm not adding any stage because I really don't like Race.

And that ends it.

Last edited:
My favorite level is Greenflower Zone, because of it's simple design that makes me remember the first Sonic games.

My least favorite level is the Egg Rock Zone. Why? It's ridiculously long, and I don't have much experience on long levels.

I dunno if I ever posted in this topic, and maybe my opinion hasn't changed at all if I did, but here goes.

My favorite stage has to be ERZ2. It's long (something I love, apparently unlike most members here), filled with interesting gimmicks and ideas, it looks good, and it's one of the few stages that I occasionally replay for entertainment purposes. Not to mention that the music is pretty catchy, aside from the guitar soloing the entire song.

The other stages that I really like are DSZ1, ERZ1 and NAGZ. Unlike most people here, I think ACZ1 is a good level, but not a particularly great one.

My least favorite stage is GFZ1. It's ugly, short, bland, boring, and totally not like a first stage is supposed to be. I can get behind the idea that it shouldn't be hard at all, and the gameplay is quite suited to beginners, but there REALLY needs to be more eye-candy and better visuals to give new players a good impression of what SRB2 can be capable of.

I don't understand why people hate DSZ a lot, it is a challenge, yet if you concentrate, it's easy! Personally, I think that DSZ is easier than most other srb2 zones.

Single Player: I like Techno Hill Zone act 2, having cool music, fun obstacles, and more. But I hate Red Volcano because of that -filtered word- lava.
CTF: I like Twisted Terminal by having ERZ2 music, and a cool design. I hate Nimbus Ruins because of that -filtered word- rail ring shot, then dead.
Match: I like Meadow match the most because.. because... I like it! I hate Infernal Cave because same reason to Red Volcano.
Race: I like the first level on circuit(forgot its name) because of challenging quickland, cool music, and a complex design. I hate Slumber Circuit because there will be so many Super Sonics, and it takes LOT OF TIME to finish one lap! If SRB2 had a time limit, we will all get a time over, except for super players like Mystic.

That's all!!

Last edited:
But I hate Red Volcano because of that -filtered word- lava.

Ah, ah, well, yes ! All levels are not small Greenflower easy ! The levels are increasingly hard. The lava dammage is quite normal. Some may like the challenge.

Ah, ah, well, yes ! All levels are not small Greenflower easy ! The levels are increasingly hard. The lava dammage is quite normal. Some may like the challenge.

If I could do the challenge, I would only play as Tails and Knuckles. If it was a zone that was the same but the bottomless pit replacing the lava, it would be harder then AGZ. :(

Co-Op
Like: Egg Rock Zone
Why: The level is great, and besides it's fun to see the lasers, elevators and gates.
Besides having an appropriate level of difficulty.
Dislike: Castle Eggman Zone
Why: The level is boring and has no decorations.

Match
Like: Meadow Match Zone
Why: Free field to run and attack quickly.
Dislike: Infernal Cavern
Why: I hate to fall into the lava every five minutes.

Capture The Flag
Like: Twisted Terminal Zone
Why: Sonic has advantage here. Also, bounce & grenade abuse.
Dislike: Nimbus Ruins
Why: Deep Pits. Falling and falling.

For Co-op, I really like Arid Canyon Zone (ACZ). Because it's long and challenging, it's like going up a mountain. Or just going past it, and falling in a volcano. The worst would be Castle Eggman Zone (CEZ). Due to the fact that after you get through the first check point as Sonic in One-player, once you fall in the water where the red springs are, there's no spring for you to go up; You just have to wait there to drown and restart from the check point.

For Match, I really like Desolate Twilight. Due to the fact that the music suits the lonely background and the place around. The flying platforms added a bit more attention, though. As for what I hate, I don't like Nonxious Factory Zone; It's too difficult to see around due to the trees. The five boxes together in the factory confuse me.

And as for Capture The Flag, I really like Nimbus Ruins. That is a really good place for challenging, and the music suits it perfectly. Adding some flying platforms would make the map even more interesting. And finally, for what I hate, it's Silver Cascade. The rain troubles me, and causes me to stop running, and keep thokking. The weather of the map also causes me to be unable to look around. The 1.09.4's version was way better, without rain, without bad weather; It was my actual favorite then.

Those are my opinions.

As for what I hate, I don't like Nonxious Factory Zone; It's too difficult to see around due to the trees. The five boxes together in the factory confuse me.
Too bad there are no trees in Noxious Factory. And what's so confusing about the five boxes? Just spin through them, they're good for you!

My least favorite stage is GFZ1. It's ugly, short, bland, boring, and totally not like a first stage is supposed to be. I can get behind the idea that it shouldn't be hard at all, and the gameplay is quite suited to beginners, but there REALLY needs to be more eye-candy and better visuals to give new players a good impression of what SRB2 can be capable of.

I agree. When I first got 1.09.4 I was about to stop playing after I finished GFZ1. It looked empty, boring, and the enemies weren't very appealing. However, when I saw the scale of GFZ2 and got to the spring chains (which I thought looked really cool back then, I still kind of do) I decided to keep playing. Glad I did.

Agreed.

GFZ really needs work. It's just ugly, plain, empty and no real gameplay here.
Just, I can finish both acts in 50 seconds and the boss is (while flying away after hit) still pathetic. Really guys, you have much of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back