Where is Megaman?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik the Red said:
you know, I really don't care about the story, mega man games really don't have much of one. I mean, what happened to doctor kain after X3?

Maverick Hunter X retconned his participation in the series; he died shortly before X1 actually started now.

I miss the simple side-scrolling action that I came to love in my Megaman. What's this "Network" BS they keep coming out with? It makes me want to take a fork to my eye. I want some more "X" games.

"Command Mission" actually wasn't bad, for a Megaman RPG. If they made some more, I'd buy them.

In Mega man X4, it shows zero's awakening to fight sigma. and all reploids were based off of X's designs. So then zero isn't a reploid.

I thought Willy made Zero to destroy X.

But Zero does think on his own, does he not? And isn't that what a reploid is? Wow, I know all this stuff and I've never even played a Megaman game.

Shu said:
In Mega man X4, it shows zero's awakening to fight sigma. and all reploids were based off of X's designs. So then zero isn't a reploid.

I thought Willy made Zero to destroy X.

Well if you played the Power Fighters then yes, but they only have a hint that Zero would be on there. If they had released Zero in the old series then Zero would go after Mega.

Shu said:
But Zero does think on his own, does he not? And isn't that what a reploid is? Wow, I know all this stuff and I've never even played a Megaman game.

A Reploid, officially, is a thinking robot built using modified versions of X's design plans created by Dr. Cain.

Therefore, neither X nor Zero are officially Reploids, because X was the original, and Zero wasn't built using Dr. Cain's modified blueprint.

Arrow said:
Shu said:

A Reploid, officially, is a thinking robot built using modified versions of X's design plans created by Dr. Cain.

Therefore, neither X nor Zero are officially Reploids, because X was the original, and Zero wasn't built using Dr. Cain's modified blueprint.

This is true.

If I remember, in the MBN series, A navi was kinda like an improved version of a reploid.

The 1st navi was made by Dr. Wily and Lan's grandfather (Lan's grandfather is like the Dr. Light of the game). Then ever since the years had past, the project has been moved to Lan's father. The Navi had more work to do than a reploid. They brought some stuff from the X series to put in the MBN series if you actully paid attention to the game.

well, at the end of X3, it says X will never find peace until he destroys zero, many years later in Zero 2, X loses his body and zero is still alive and kicking.

Command mission was good game, it was a fun RPG, but the story sucked. True to the series, Command mission was all about gameplay and some crack addicts made up the story.

I mean the things that they say! god!
Axl is the only one who doesn't say anything completely stupid! (then again, he doesn't say much)

and X is so gay for zero in that game. The scene where zero "returns from the dead" (he just got thrown far away, why'd he be dead? he always comes back anyway. really I'd think someone'd catch on already. Zero must die like every other week, he's like kenny!)

and there is no proof that zero was made before X was planned, nor that Bass was made after mega man. Wily just likes keeping ultimate warriors of destruction in capsules until the time is right.

Is it just me... or is Wily immortal? I mean, how does he talk to zero in the flashback? unless it was just a programm. But Isol from X6 does remind me a lot of Wily, and he does say "you truly are the strongest" right before he shuts down. that and command mission lead me to believe Zero is Bass. and Weil? that's German, and would be pronounced "vile". just add a "Y" and it's a bad pronounciation of Wily. I mean, the man has a freakin' boat shop in legends!

But then again. Capcom doesn't really know what they're doing when it comes to story.

And battle network is a completely different timeline.

Erik the Red said:
and there is no proof that zero was made before X was planned, nor that Bass was made after mega man. Wily just likes keeping ultimate warriors of destruction in capsules until the time is right.

Actually, don't the games hint against that anyways? For all we know, when Bass wreaked havoc in Light's lab in MM7, he could've taken off with X's plans as well as the Mega Man/Rush power-up he ended up copying in the later boss fight.

BlueZero4 said:
First off, the same old Zero would be boring. Second, in Zero 3 you learn that he's in a copy body, though the original looks different anyway.

That is because Zero's old body is evolved.

Play X5 as only megaman, and in the ending, Sigma is dissapointed because Zero didn't have the chance to evolve into his next body.

And all the badguys are working together.
1) Willy
2) Sigma
3) Weil
4) That guy that was a host for Weil's spirit.

1) Willy built Sigma a body in X5, to use as a final boss.
2) Sigma's bluprints from X1 were used to build sections of the last MMZX boss.
3) Weil is Willy, exept Weil is his name when he is "The First" Humanoid. (And yes, Weil actually said that. :p )
4) "That guy that was a host for Weil's spirit" is a host for Weil's spirit.

first off, we all know bass is a screw off. second, if neither bass nor wily know about X's plans, why would bass bother taking plan's for some random "robot"? Light could have had it secret from everyone, including mega man.

Wily may have built sigma a body in X5, but he also tried to kill sigma according to X4.

which game is "that guy that was a host for weil's spirit" from? and which game did he say he is wily?

Pretty sure there was something about Willy in some of the X games. Dunno, like in X4 or 6 he said something about armor. *shrugs*

Also, it might help a bit if you had played Zero 4.

And I believe the host was that ZX head honcho, good day sir.

I've played and beaten zero 4, but don't remember it too well, it's been a while (have to go back and replay them all, but my SP's shoulder buttons suck)

and sigma blatantly stated that the old man built him the armor in X5.
and X4 has wily's silhouette during zero's opening scene.

I didn't play ZX all the way through.

In the ending of Z4, Weil goes kaput, and Zero goes with him. Ciel then goes to the place where Zero should have landed, only to find nothing. Then a star goes shooting by.

No, you missed the fact that I was concentrating on Weil's speech, not the fact that he *gasp*ed.

Jman said:
Why did they change Zero's look. He looks like a punk now. And why do they even call it Megaman Zero when Megaman is no whre to be found. When I first saw the game I thought it was going to be megaman and Zero combine. What happen to Megaman X.
Because they wanted to dur.

Ashura The Hedgehog said:
Jman said:
Why did they change Zero's look. He looks like a punk now. And why do they even call it Megaman Zero when Megaman is no whre to be found. When I first saw the game I thought it was going to be megaman and Zero combine. What happen to Megaman X.
Because they wanted to dur.

Yea, they did wanted to change him on purpose for a reason. If you play MegamanZero with just the Zero from the X series then it would be hopeless to play it. Also the same for the MBN series and Megaman ZX.

You don't think I don't know they changed him on purpose, no one's a idiot. I'm not saying the change of his armor. I just don't like there anime style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back