Where are all the roleplayers, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About that, I usually use those commands for lulz...

Seriously, it's fun as long as you're doing LULZ right, not when you use the cheats just for *your* exclusive amusement or to win over everyone else.

I already played servers with cheats on and low respawnitemtime and were absurdly fun. See, after we've played 10 or 15 CTF levels -- you know -- we start to get bored. Then, the server starts to mess up the game, for our amusement.

There's a big difference between a server ran by Agent Hack, SRB2K and you N.Cenz and a server ran by n00bs.

Last edited:
I personally like to join that kind of servers, because you can easily get some weapons, a shield and the other team's flag (if Ctf). Then you make the host go mad, then he starts doing stupid stuff and , at last, people in that server notice his pathetic ways to act and decide not to join his server (if the joiners aren't n00bs)

Seriously, Making them go mad is fun.

I can tell you where they get house2.wad. Fawfulfan has a 4shared account where people can upload wads. Just go to his account and in levels you will see like 5 different house was, with house three being the most advanced so far.

Sorry, but, what are PMs for?

Figure it out. =P

Servers that are interesting and responsible enough to join~SRB2K, Chrome, Torgo, FuriousFox, sb

There are still some roleplayer's out there. Not many, but a few. I'm assuming that there's about a small population of them. But I don't hold the rules against them, though, not unless they're new, which a few are.

Last edited:
It seems like since SRB2 2.0 was released, there's been no more roleplayers on the master server. Has anyone seen hangout or RP servers lately?

I'm beginning to assume they've all stayed on 2.0.1. Makes sense, considering no outsiders would bug them anymore....

Whilst I was on 2.0.1 (took me a few days to realise there was an update), I noticed virtually every server was that house2 or whatever it was in Co-Op mode. This is quite convenient as I'm yet to find a hangout on 2.0.4. All the hangouts and RPs are done by people who're either under 13 or pretty ignorant, so they don't upgrade.

I still don't understand the appeal of attempting to roleplay in SRB2 in the first place. It has no RPG elements at all to speak of, acting out what you're doing on its chat system is a pain, and the netcode isn't structured around playing in a role-play environment. And, to boot, it's boring as hell to roleplay in SRB2. All I can say is that it's a good thing that the numbers are down.

Also, as a direct answer to the topic title, Eberron. =P

Why is SACITY baned? I say itcould be a good tag or match level.
Because It's lead to so much abuse in Co-op mode that it was entirely banned from the MS

What's so bad about role-playing on the MS? seriously. Me and my friends used to role play a lot in SA City a few years back, but we would always take it off the MS so it would be ok and well why is isn't role-playing allowed? I know a lot of people love role-playing.

What's so bad about role-playing on the MS? seriously. Me and my friends used to role play a lot in SA City a few years back, but we would always take it off the MS so it would be ok and well why is isn't role-playing allowed? I know a lot of people love role-playing.
Because SRB2 is a platformer/FPS and the point of playing SRB2 is to play it. The master server is used for those looking for a server in which they can play the game with other people.

I still don't understand the appeal of attempting to roleplay in SRB2 in the first place. It has no RPG elements at all to speak of, acting out what you're doing on its chat system is a pain, and the netcode isn't structured around playing in a role-play environment. And, to boot, it's boring as hell to roleplay in SRB2. All I can say is that it's a good thing that the numbers are down.

Also, as a direct answer to the topic title, Eberron. =P

I love role-playing too. It's damned fun. In a setting that's actually designed for role-playing. SRB2 is not a setting that's actually designed for role-playing.

Roleplay and Hangout?

Kids, there's nothing more cool then playing SRB2 online with someone you like. But if someone tries to break the rules by Roleplay or Hangout, then that's no good!

It's your server! No one has the right to break the rules and get away with it if you don't want 'em to! So, whadda you do? First you say no, stop doing that! If that doesn't work, you kick/ban 'em outta there!

Most important, if you see a server who breaks the rules, you gotta tell 'em to stop! If they don't, just report 'em to the Master Server you trust!

Because I couldn't resist. :P

Roleplay and Hangout?

Kids, there's nothing more cool then playing SRB2 online with someone you like. But if someone tries to break the rules by Roleplay or Hangout, then that's no good!

It's your server! No one has the right to break the rules and get away with it if you don't want 'em to! So, whadda you do? First you say no, stop doing that! If that doesn't work, you kick/ban 'em outta there!

Most important, if you see a server who breaks the rules, you gotta tell 'em to stop! If they don't, just report 'em to the Master Server you trust!

Because I couldn't resist. :P

Hmm, someone needs to make a video of Sonic actually advising SRB2 players to do that.

Are there any levels/packs specifically for RPing? I'm fond of RPing, though I would think it best in an invironment designed for such... or a series of co-op levels that some how toss in an RP'ness to it as you complete the missions!! :D

I should hope not, because SRB2 is the worst environment for RP there ever was. But knowing some people, if there is one, it's certainly not good. In any sense of the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back