When will Chao come back?

Do you think chao raising will come back?

• Yes,I love chao raising!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes

• No,I hated chao raising

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think chao raising will ever come back? Cause it was fun to spend hours raising chao. (Cheat XD) And they haven't broughten it back yet.... you think they got rid of it?

neutral_chao_banner01.gif

If they did bring chao back, I would probably still use SA2/SA2:B, because if they did bring them back, it would probably be horrible. Sort of like SA2 --> the dreaded Sonic NG. It would be the same. SA2 chao --> Some horrible re-creation. If they do a good job in the NiGHTS 2's A-life system, I might believe that if they did bring them back, it would be good.

I doubt it will come back. Chao raising was a Sonic Adventure element, they haven't been around since SA2. I personally love the damn things, but they were probably removed due to popular demand or something.

Chao = Pokemon + Sonic

I really would rather raise pokemon, because you get to do more things with them. However, I think chao gardens should be included whenever cheese shows up.

Chao fail in general.

Sonic Team needs to spend their time improving the core gameplay of their games, not making a crappy Pokemon/Neopet clone.

Even so, it was very addicting. It really pisses me off that you just stand there and "motivate" your chao during the races and karate, though.

Ya they should have you ACTUALLY controlling the chao. The only thing you can do is watch them and press A. And If its a only Sonic Adventure Elment maybe there make a Sonic Adventure 3.

You know what really annoyed me? When my Chao would trip during the Race. Purposefully. But still, I did enjoy raising Chao, even if mine never were close to being as good as my friend's. It was really a nice diversion from the action. It's half of what I liked about SA2. The removal of Chao from the later games contributed to my lack interest in the series since then.

Personally, I hated Chao Racing insanely due to the stupid amount of grinding I had to do to get my chao's stats to the point where I could get all 10 of those stupid emblems. I had all As in every course except Cannon's Core LONG before I'd gotten those stupid Chao emblems.

Chao raising was great fun when it lasted in SA2B and SADX except when the silly morons kept falling over in races.

I still raise them every now and then when I get my every wednesdays off from my college timetables =P

I would like to see it come back soon in a future Sonic game one day, but not some recreation like SA1, and SA2, they we're pretty Crap.

Mystic, not their fault that you didn't bother raising Chao until you did everything else. You're really meant to multi-task between the two.

Well, part of the reason was that I didn't have enough space on my memory card until a good distance into the game. If I recall, that stupid Chao Garden was a memory hog just storing the data.

It's a shame you never found out about the animal/chaos drive reuse trick, Mystic. Though it slightly seems like cheating, the only difference is that you don't have to go through the menu screen and playing the same level from different drives/animals. It doesn't make actually raising their stats easier, just not as tedious. In fact, that trick was in every version of SA1 and SA2, so maybe the devs put it in on purpose...

Anyway, the Chao Garden is what pretty much what kept me playing SA2 even after getting all 180 emblems. Much of it was me just trying to make many different evolutions of chao, and just plain watching it slowly change as you raised it. SA2B made things even more interesting with different color chao you could hatch, and breeding different color chao to make two-tone chao and transparent chao made things even more fun. However, there wasn't really much you could do with them(besides race it with a friend who also has a decent chao) after finishing all the race besides just raise them for fun.

As much as I enjoyed the Chao Garden, I think its better that the devs would concentrate on the actual game more. Perhaps maybe there will be a game based solely off Chao someday, and maybe even give it an RPG-like element to it(would be like a cross between Chao Raising and PSO, having races, fights, ect).

I know the re-using trick. Personally I found it not worth it. It was too hard to get it close to your chao. What I do to get their stats hight fast is go to pumpkin hill, dig for the life, and get the skeleton dog on church mountain. That all together took 5 seconds. I keep restarting until I have all that I can carry. (10 animals I think) It goes really fast.

Idea for next chao garden:
When you get close to your chao you can ask a question and they will answer and you cn control them in the mini games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back