What's your favourite in-game tune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the music from ERZ. Who ever it is playing the guitar makes it sing! However, I find the zone too busy with too many different gimmicks. How, may I ask is the inside of a meteor going to flood? For scenery, I love GFZ2 and THZ1. Wide open spaces, bunches of secrets. Great for exploring!

For the most part, the SRB2 soundtrack strikes me as being quite strong. But the music for ACZ1, both acts of ERZ and Flame Rift Zone are particularly memorable for me.

I love Prismatic Angel Zone quite a bit and Flame Rift Zone as well. Both acts of Arial Garden Zone are also two of my favorites. Malcolm Brown's music for Mystic Realm is just remarkable. Also, I enjoy Arid Canyon Zone Act 1 and it's remix is excellent. Egg Rock Act 2, it's guitar is awesome to me. I like Volcano Zone and Red Volcano Zone, those similar themes have quite different tracks, however, they are both very enjoyable to me.
Overall, I enjoy most of the tunes in the game.

I've always loved any of the Arid Canyon songs, the Speed Shoes theme, the Super Sonic theme, and the Continue theme at time, and a few CTF/Match themes now and again. And who could forget the Disco Room.

You know what, I'm going to change what I said earlier; I think I do have a favourite tune after all.

The Credits Theme.

Why such an arbitrary choice? I don't know. It's just always clicked with me, I guess. I've just always loved that tune...I can play the piano part too, which is pretty neat. It's not the flashiest or the most insane of the lot, but it's always sounded nostalgic to me, so I guess that's reason enough.

Ive actually noticed parts of metropolis and starlight in there...

anyway

Fav:
Eggrock 1&2
Techno Hill 1&2 (Mainly 2)
OLD Deep Sea 1 (It would work great for a horror\water level)
Flame Rift
Verdant Forest
2.0's Midnight Freeze (1.09.4's wasn't as good in my opinion.... even if it is the original)
Boss (both vanilla and extra)
Tempest Valley
#1 all the way: Red Volcano Zone Extra (vanilla was good too)

I DON'T FREAKING CARE!!!
(fancy talk for hate\non fav):
h= hate
N= Non-Fav
Paternal Horn H
Sonic Electronic N
Egg Rock 2 Remix H

And, if it counts.....
MAH MUSEEK WAD SONGZ!

Fav:
-Vanilla
Castle Eggman (Wacky Workbench Present and Bad future JP)
Deep Sea 2 (Tidal Tempest Good Future JP)
Techno Hill (Flying Battery Redux, Chemical Reaction)
Eggrock (Metropolis Remix, Mad Gear Act 1, Heads up for tails)
Super Sonic (Vs. Metal Sonic from S4E2)
-Mystic Realm
Tempest Valley (Palmtree Panic Bad Future JP)
Flame Rift (Crisis City Classic)
Midnight Freeze (Iced Innocence)
Sunken Plant (Dead Batteries)
-EggmanWay5
Pyramid Cave (Oil Desert 1&3 Sonic CD Boss JP)
Eggman Base (Mad Gear SMK Remix, Metallic Madness Bad Future JP, Stardust Speedway Bad Future JP)
NotSoGreen Hill Act 3 (Heads Up For Tails)
Mystic Ruins (Boss) (Vs. Eggman from S4E2)
Metal Reacter (Final Boss from S4E2, Death Egg Mk. II, Sonic CD Boss US)

Uh, isn't the credits theme a cut from "Sonic & Knuckles Theme" from the music CD Virtual Sonic? The same track that inspired SRB2's title theme, at that.

My favorite SRB2 music is the old version of Midnight Freeze that was removed in 2.0 for some reason.
Uh, isn't the credits theme a cut from "Sonic & Knuckles Theme" from the music CD Virtual Sonic? The same track that inspired SRB2's title theme, at that.
No, I'm pretty sure it's Metropolis.

Here's a silly thing about that, though: CEZ2 is a remix of CEZ1, which is a remix of the boss theme, which is a remix of the title theme, which is a remix of virtual sonic something or other, which is a remix of the Sonic & Knuckles theme, which is a remix of the Sonic 3 theme, which is a remix of the Sonic 1 & 2 theme. Yikes.

Last edited:
My favorite tune is 9 (DSZ2 remix), at speed 1.1. Second favorite is prismatic angel at speed 1.2.
Third favorite is the old egg rock tune. That's bout it.

No, I'm pretty sure it's Metropolis.
It was, but I'm pretty sure it's this now, and has been since 2.0 came out.

Here's a silly thing about that, though: CEZ2 is a remix of CEZ1, which is a remix of the boss theme, which is a remix of the title theme, which is a remix of virtual sonic something or other, which is a remix of the Sonic & Knuckles theme, which is a remix of the Sonic 3 theme, which is a remix of the Sonic 1 & 2 theme. Yikes.
Bolded is not true. S&K's theme sounds nothing like Sonic 3's theme sounds nothing like Sonic 1/2's theme.

Hadn't considered the rest, though. Yeesh, what a chain of events.

Last edited:
My favorite would have to be both Arid Canyon acts. Hands down. My second favorite would probably be between both Greenflowers, Techo Hill 1, and Deep Sea 1. In all honesty, I'm not really all that crazy about Egg Rock's theme...

It was, but I'm pretty sure it's this now, and has been since 2.0 came out.

The credits theme hasn't changed at all since 1.09.2 at least (I have no idea if it was the same for previous versions), with the exception of the added piano solo near the end. (which I think was added in 2.0.5 or 2.0.6, I can't remember which)

Hey, gotta love the old Arid canyon tune, it's tunes 88. Not only that, I like the MIDI version of some songs too, such as tunes 8, though!

But to be honest, what I really like is tunes 1045! And the MIDI version better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back