• No of course not!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SSNTails said:
Do what your teacher says. You'll appreciate it later.

Exactly and if you just muck around in school and get crap grades at the end of your last year because you could not be bothered to do it then you want to get better ones you think i shouldn't of mucked around in school and you will regret it

personally i really don't like doing homework. it sucks but i always get on with it and get it out of the way before doing anything else. that's also another reason why i won't be on much in the next few months because it's my last year at school and i got to knuckle down and do the schoolwork
because i want to get a good education and get the best grades i can possibly get

One of my cousins told me that he, for all of his 6th grade, never studied, never did homework, and was able to succeed with a B+ Average. Grade 7 rolled along, and he only passed one subject.

The article can very well be interpreted in any way, to my eyes. I mean, your grades are up to your teacher(s), so they get to decide if homework is a significant portion of your grade. I know for a fact that in Canada, homework DOES need completion, and handing in a project late will constitute a 0. Now, this opinion is probably biased due to the fact that my classes are mainly gifted courses, but the point should still stand.

Thanks for pointing out that article, Mystic, I was unaware that somebody actually published a contreversal article on the subject.

Meh, quite honestly i think we should at least get LESS homework. Its bad when your stuck on something like math, and none of your parents or family members can help you on it...>_> your basically screwed when that happens.

SuperSonic117 said:
Meh, quite honestly i think we should at least get LESS homework.

Thats true.

SSNTails said:
Do what your teacher says. You'll appreciate it later.

Also another good statement. dont be on your teachers bad side. mainely when that teacher is from the navy and can make me do 50 push-up's during class(NJROTC).

Seanic said:
HOMEWORK...
IS...
EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of story.

*hits you with a baseball bat*

metalsonic5555 said:
Homework is a stupid thing our nazi teachers give us

Dose that apply when your world history teacher looks HOT!!!

big_al0591 said:
if they didnt give me homework, I would forget what I learned way easier.

the more you see it, the more you retain it in your brain.

Which brings us to my conclusion. doing your homework helps us learn and helps us in the long run. dont complain, just do it.

shadow the fox said:
doing your homework helps us learn and helps us in the long run. dont complain, just do it.

It doesn't help us "learn", it helps us develop a habit of hating school and doing worse in it. I did REALLY bad in school due to homework, but if homework didn't exist, I would pretty much get A/B+s across the board on everything (Except for maybe my specials).

And of course, I currently live in the school that has the HIGHEST GRADE AVERAGE for the Pennsylvania Standardized State Assessment in the whole state. Which they can thank me for, I basicially 100%'d the math section 2 years ago, and I got one wrong since it was some "Box And Whisker" plot thing which JUST entered the cirriculum, so I never got it learn it anyways. So, yeah, I live in a REALLY "heavy-expectation" district. Which means that if I don't do homework, I WILL be screwed. And I HATE homework. I don't mind schoolwork, though, but Homework is basicially the suckiest thing ever made for school. Ever.

Homework is so damn pointless, it makes me hate school more, makes me less productive, and doesn't make any more smarter. Meh.

Penopat said:
shadow the fox said:
doing your homework helps us learn and helps us in the long run. dont complain, just do it.

It doesn't help us "learn", it helps us develop a habit of hating school and doing worse in it. I did REALLY bad in school due to homework, but if homework didn't exist, I would pretty much get A/B+s across the board on everything (Except for maybe my specials).

And of course, I currently live in the school that has the HIGHEST GRADE AVERAGE for the Pennsylvania Standardized State Assessment in the whole state. Which they can thank me for, I basicially 100%'d the math section 2 years ago, and I got one wrong since it was some "Box And Whisker" plot thing which JUST entered the cirriculum, so I never got it learn it anyways. So, yeah, I live in a REALLY "heavy-expectation" district. Which means that if I don't do homework, I WILL be screwed. And I HATE homework. I don't mind schoolwork, though, but Homework is basicially the suckiest thing ever made for school. Ever.

Homework is so damn pointless, it makes me hate school more, makes me less productive, and doesn't make any more smarter. Meh.

i would get mad but you did prove your point. good job.

In my opinion, homework is pointless.
In my last class, they gave a lot of gramitical analysis, yet nobody did it well and all copied the homework from another.
My teachers even said that one should study 5-6 hours at home, while I studied an hour and half.
And I still managed to get an A.
Like DarkWarrior, if I did what my teacher said to me, I wouldn't be here ;P

Homework: Torture dutie in wich kids need to boil their brains instead of resting, outside shcool times. That's my defenition of homework.

Espyo said:
Torture dutie in wich kids need to boil their brains instead of resting, outside shcool times. That's my defenition of homework.

I agree with that part in the middle. I swear that i NEED MORE SLEEP this school year.

I needed more sleep last year. I had to be in concert band with my saxophone completely set up by 7:25 every single morning. I like waking up early, but I just can't get up at 6 o'clock five days in a row. What ticked me off is that once I signed up, I couldn't get out of it until the end of the school year.

This year, I became a freshmen and noticed high school's concert band had to be there at 7:05. First thing that came to my mind was, "Good GOD, no." So, you can bet I didn't sign up for it. :\ I instead signed up for music ensemble, which is 7:50 (first period), but freshmen weren't normally allowed there, so the administration pretty much screwed up my schedule for a couple days. =P

shadow the fox said:
metalsonic5555 said:
Homework is a stupid thing our nazi teachers give us

Dose that apply when your world history teacher looks HOT!!!

First off yes it does apply because Homework is stupid, and if I become president of the U.S. I will ban homework because thats what president bush would do :mrgreen: . Next Please god tell me that you don't really think your teacher is hot your teacher may look hot but you don't know whats under those clothes. I mean I look hot but I have scars all over my body. Thats why we invented clothing to hide things :roll: .

metalsonic5555 said:
I will ban homework because thats what president bush would do :mrgreen: .
...Right after the "No child left behind" act was implemented? :\

What do you mean "that's what Bush would do"?
If that's what he would do, wouldn't he have done it already/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back