What's so bad about MS Paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaz16

Paint is not so bad after all. I mean, it has it's flaws, Lack of tools, but it's not horrible. I have created some nice drawings with paint, and I gotta say, some people use it better than Photo Shop. Have you seen this video?

Mona Lisa drawn in MS Paint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU

That is amazing.

But for what this is really for. Show off some of your paint drawings! Or talk about why you like or dislike paint.

Here are my drawings.

Kirby:
54bnk92.jpg

Homicidal Pickachu AKA Pika Boo:
643an86.png

Yoshi:
6exzaj9.jpg

Sonic At the Olympic Games:
4kb8x00.png

Satam Sonic:
4vos5yo.png

Your turn.

Lack of tools is exactly what hurts Paint, in my opinion. Lack of layers, brush effects, proper bezier tool, transparency, palettes, key shortcuts, decent file-saving, are all major turn-offs for me. I understand that Paint is lightweight, but when I want to do graphics, I want to have some level of control.

Also, most of those drawings are based off of some official art, I can tell.

*Waits for Omega to show up*

Some of them. But I have to agree with you there. I use Photo Shop or Corel for alot of things.

The Yoshi I sketched off the Yoshi's Story catridge, but that one was pink. So I drew it green. I like the green one the best. But I didn't draw over anything.

The sonic running on track...

5xslj68.jpg

Yeah...

Paint to me, is just a script thrown together earlier in Microsoft's time. It is very basic, most likely so you can use an even better program used for that purpose. When you think about it, they have to concentrate on other things to develop than just their paint program.

Besides, if you really need a paint program that feels like the basic, but works at least four-billion times better, get Paint.Net.

Mint.png

(Semi-Transparent/Transparent PNG)

That was made in Paint.Net. You can teach yourself, or take a tutorial, and either way, it can create some pretty amazing stuff that would take you a year to make on regular Paint (but it's still possible with Paint). I mean, the lack of a viewable palette is one major flaw of Paint, which is why Paint.Net is so much more useful.

Edit: I feel as if I should soften the edges in that PDN, but I'm too lazy to do it. =|

Paint sucks because Microsoft made it, lack of tools, Microsoft made it, lack of color wheel, and have I mentioned the fact that Microsoft made it?

Jurai_Madman said:
Paint sucks because Microsoft made it, lack of tools, Microsoft made it, lack of color wheel, and have I mentioned the fact that Microsoft made it?

What's wrong with Microsoft? The old Macintoshes were crap, The Apples are fancy junk, and WTF is a Linux? Microsoft is way better than all these crap systems.

You forgot OS/2, BeOS, Solaris and "microwave oven"

Personally I don't have any problems with paint. I just have a problem with people not using paint well. Observe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back