What's a Thok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're Sonic, and you press jump while in the air, you'll go forward at high speeds, which is called a thok, due to the sound it makes.

In fact, the official name is Air Spin Attack. Nobody uses that, though. Thok is much faster to type and less of a mouthful.

Tell me, SSN, when did you invent this word so we can get our word back from Bionicle? XD

I doubt that the Bionicle was named that before SSNTails invented the word...

December 1999

If you hear "Thok" being used in place of "Air Spin Attack" outside of SRB2, it got there somehow from SRB2. :) I think it's even used in GameFAQs.

SSNTails said:
December 1999

If you hear "Thok" being used in place of "Air Spin Attack" outside of SRB2, it got there somehow from SRB2. :) I think it's even used in GameFAQs.

Sue Lego for copyright infringement...

Ah, dang, you can't, stupid laws against fangames :<

cueball61 said:
SSNTails said:
December 1999

Sue Lego for copyright infringement...

Ah, dang, you can't, stupid laws against fangames :<
But this isn't really something in a fangame, it's an idea. I think.

Super mystic sonic said:
It does sound better than "homing attack" or "air spin attack".

But I thought Sonic Adventure used the word thok often too.

Nope, it's just that everyone uses it now, whether they heard about SRB2 directly or indirectly. :)

So if someone is using 'thok', that means they know someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows about SRB2. Cool, huh?

Technically, SA2 refers to the technique when you use homing attack with no enemies to home in on as the "Jump-dash." But who cares? If every single line any one character ever used was true, the universe would explode from contrasting truths.

I have all of my friends who like the sonic games saying thok now.

I even put the word thok in a song

Happy happy thok thok happy happy thok thok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back