What was...

What was the first game you ever played, and what memories of that game do you have?

• Dizzy (Prince of the Yolkfolk)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario

• Sonic

• ToeJam and Earl

• Legend of Zelda

• Kirby

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero Wing is an awesome space shooter. There is a section near the beginning where you are fighting this giant purple thing which looks kinda like a whale. And twards the end there are many tiny places where you can barely fit through. And an evil electric-skull-launching boss. Among other odditys.

It was either Mario 1 or 3. Well I remember the joy of the vs mode in SMB3, I always won. But when I was little(like 3-4 years old)....I always cried when Mario got killed(until I got t3h gamegenie).

I must ask, Ritz, when exactly did you become so Radiant Silvergun-obsessed? Not that there's anything wrong with that - it does sound like it's the best shooter ever made and all - just curious.

As for the topic, not sure, but it was on the NES. Probably Super Mario Bros.. Maybe Ghosts and Goblins. I can't say for sure.

Spazzo said:
the first game (series) you ever played?
Me, to be honest, was the Dizzy (A.K.A. Prince of the Yolkfolk) series. Although a bit...unpopular, i always used to play it on the computer when i was like, 4.
The series consists of games, such as Kwik Snax, Fast Food, Prince of the Yolkfolk, Magicland Dizzy, and Fantasy Land Dizzy. Even though they were all in DOS, and didn't really have sound, I still loved playing them with my cousins.
Whats yours (also, try explaining some memories you have playing that game)
EDIT: Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yolkfolk has some useful Dizzy information.
Hmm my First game that i played was "Great Giana Sisters" on C64.
A cool Clasic Jump´n´run Game.

Walter

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS/DUCK HUNT.

I remember playing the NES when I was a kid although when I was born (1990) SNES were out. My mother being the A** that she is, gives it away. However I get an SNES and got the Super Mario Allstars with built in Super Mario World. Why is it that when you are very young, you can never go past the first world? I always never got past it until I grew older.

Shadow Hog said:
I must ask, Ritz, when exactly did you become so Radiant Silvergun-obsessed?
When I downloaded it about 2 or 3 months ago, and even when it's chugging along on an emulator at about 10 FPS less than it should during the more intense moments and the music sounds like morse code on a SNES, I'm still fairly certain that it is by far the best shooter ever. Even better than it's successor, Ikaruga, which I have yet to beat due to an annoying emulation glitch that prevents certain bullets from appearing in the second level. Still a good game, though.

Chaos the Hedgehog said:
Why is it that when you are very young, you can never go past the first world?
Because at such a tender age, you do not yet possess the cognitive abilities to complete such a task? Just a thought.

I first played Sonic 2 at 3, beating it within the month. I found myself able to win many Sonic games, excepting Dr. Robotnik's MBM, which I STILL have trouble with.

Roboashura said:
I found myself able to win many Sonic games, excepting Dr. Robotnik's MBM, which I STILL have trouble with.

Yeah. I beat that a few months ago.

If I'm right the first game I played was Sonic 2.
I was pretty bad at it then some kid walked up and, put in the Super Sonic code. It was the first game I played and, the first cheat code I remember seeing.

Well, since it was bumped, for whatever reason (There was another first game topic on page one,) I'll say this: Treasure Island Dizzy for the win.

Sonic CD(PC) for me, along with Ecco the Dolphin and Comix Zone(it somehow was on the hard drive, so no disc was needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back