What the heck is Vibrant Vendetta Zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that's fine with me. Just contact me whenever those are finished. Besides, I also have something to be working on: Mystical Heavens.

Vibrant Vendetta Zone's theme can be deciphered from it's name.

Vibrant = Supremely Vivid Coloration
Vendetta = Blood Feud
So VVZ should be a horrifying crimson amalgamation of all things gory.

Chaos Knux has explained exactly why I themed it that way. It needed to be scary and dungeon themed. The red tint applied liberally to the outside was meant to feel like a "harmless evil." I say it that way so it gives the feeling of "something evil lives here", but not the feeling of being disturbing or Satanic, etc.

Vibrant Vendetta Zone was made partially because so others wouldn't. And I mean "others" like verifiaman, Glaber, and the likes. Vibrant Vendetta, when it didn't exist, had the reputation of being the most amazing level ever created. If someone were to make it, it should end up being a really good stage, and it would have to be an epic gimmick-fest as well.

Mostly, though, I wanted to create it because I wanted to see VVZ come to life, as well as the actual theme itself come to life as well. I at least succeeded in making it really good, but not really the epic reputation it had in its joke form. Though it wasn't the highest-rated level I ever created, it did earn a 7.96, and it received more perfect 10's than any other level I had ever created.

I plan on altering it slightly and rereleasing it, probably with some retexturing. Or perhaps I may expand the length of the stage. I haven't quite decided on which one of those to do.

Vibrant Vendetta Zone was a joke and was supposed to be a well hidden and ultra-hard unlockable that very few people knew about. Until SonicMaster made it and sorta ruined the joke.

This is a somewhat late response, but really, how SM ruin the joke? I'm sure I've heard you and others say this, and I would really like to know why.

The joke was that the level didn't exist, but we'd say it did and make absurd methods of unlocking it. By making the level it completely ruins the joke because it exists now, and the method of unlocking it is now to download the WAD and play it.

Makes sense. Thanks for the answer, Mystic.

Mystic, we(community >_>) need to make up a new name since someone ruined the joke.

Honestly, it doesn't need a new joke. It had a good run, and a new level name just wouldn't be the same.
Thinking about it; the joke could be added upon if the level isn't ported to 2.0. Player can download it, but will have to do even more crazier things to make it playable.

You can't replace a meme once it has been ruined, seriously.

Sure it wasn't the best joke in the world, but it was better than a lot of the crap you see on the internet (YTPs...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back