Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chaos

• Circuit (SPMoves only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only ever played Single Player, so I'll cast my vote for it.

Honestly, the levels are so well designed, I have no problems going through the game again and again.

1.09 should have an anti-lag feature, and I know how it would work, too.
Every packet sends the player's absolute position and status (ex if he's jumping), and if there's lag, then the game should approximate that player's position in the next tic using the speed and direction that it allready knows. Then, when a packet finally *is* recieved, then the computer will reset the player's position depending on the data from the packet.

Might also eliminate confails too, who knows.

hotdog003 said:
1.09 should have an anti-lag feature, and I know how it would work, too.
Every packet sends the player's absolute position and status (ex if he's jumping), and if there's a time difference, then the game should approximate that player's position in the next tic using the speed and direction. Then, when a packet finally *is* recieved, then the computer will reset the player's position depending on the data from the packet.

Might also eliminate confails too, who knows.

Is that going to be in 1.09 or is it just and idea? It sounds logical enough...(or the big words do. :D ) If that works, I'd be a happy man...a VERY happy man...

Wouldn't that mean that the packets would need to be bigger, and therefore take longer to send, meaning that there would be more lag?

Maybe so, but the fact that the game will calculate where the player is gonna be next will counteract that.

The result will be that the players will appear more jerky, but there will be no other noticable lag.

Shuffle said:
I go for CTF. The games don't happen often, but when it does and it's 3 on 3, then things get fun. :)
Yes, CTF is quite fun, but it's much too rare to be considered my favorite game mode. I've only played 3 CTF games, and 1 of those was just a 1-3 game against a couple of n00bs, and it was more of a race than anything.

I love Tag, because I enjoy being tricky. :mrgreen:
When I'm not it, I either find the most perfect hiding spot, or I LOOK for the IT person, and do something like, have him chase me, run around behind him, or, if his aim stinks, stand in front of him, and dodge his rings. XP

Hehe, that's exactly what I always do. But, it eventually gets boring. Sometimes, I intentionally touch the 'it' guy just so I can shoot people. =/

Tag is fun because there might be many places to hide, especially as Knuckles. If you have enough players, then it's fun to play tag on the 1p maps.

I still say a SP-to-DM conversion would be interesting... maybe I should look into that.

Sure, some of the stages are too big to make good MP stages. In which case, we could always trim some fat until it's a feasible stage... of course, it wouldn't be intercompatible with SP at this point, but would anyone really care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back