What Is The Line Between a Recolour To A Decent Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSNTails said:
NeoJames said:
I mean really...what if Sega/SonicTeam made a character that looked just like Sonic, but green and with a coat?
They'd name it Blaze.
No offense, AJ, but does Blaze really come around here that often? I don't think they know who you're referring to (although I do, since he's at The GHZ, at least)...

I think the worst official re-color there ever was is Mephils. 'Nuff said.
Anyway, yes I also dislike how people make their fan characters have super forms. Sorta like my 2 friends, who actually used the chaos emeralds, but it didn't make a difference, because they had some theory that chao can make chaos emeralds, if you give them 50 rings or something. ANYWAY, New Amy is a re-color of Honey.

NeoJames said:
I would consider anyting made fomr an official character a re-color

I mean really...what if Sega/SonicTeam made a character that looked just like Sonic, but green and with a coat?[/i]
There has been one.His name was evil sonic but first he was the same color but he touched the master emerald draining powers from it and turned green. I think

Recolors here seem to be equated with newbie/n00b fan characters. So I'll define them with that sense...

When I download a character that is not an official character I test it on certain things:

1. Whats the difference between this guy and STK?
2. Does he look ok and match the style I'm used to suitably?
3. Is his backstory believable enough for him to be worth playing?
4. How easy would it be to beat this guy in race, circuit, match, ctf?
5. Is he a hedgehog?

Ok, the last one is a little exaggerated but I pretty much won't download fan hedgehog characters anymore (need to get rid of nitemare soon). Unfortunately there are no recolor/fan characters left that I am interested in, so I can't give an example of someone that qualifies to all this.

josh the hedgehog said:
NeoJames said:
I would consider anyting made fomr an official character a re-color

I mean really...what if Sega/SonicTeam made a character that looked just like Sonic, but green and with a coat?[/i]
There has been one.His name was evil sonic but first he was the same color but he touched the master emerald draining powers from it and turned green. I think

His name is Scourge the Hedgehog. >.>

lol2nq.png

Hehe...I remember him

Now all thats next is ST adds him to the Sonic RPG and Sonic Rush Adventure *Shot, kicked, and banz0red*

To me a recolor is someone who is a real character who has just been colored differently, and then it makes it even more pathetic when someone just adds clothes and tries to make it even less of a recolor but ultimately fails. Also, I really don't care about abilities unless it's a copy of another fan characters abilities, then its just unforgivable.

JEV3 said:
Recolors here seem to be equated with newbie/n00b fan characters. So I'll define them with that sense...

When I download a character that is not an official character I test it on certain things:

1. Whats the difference between this guy and STK?
2. Does he look ok and match the style I'm used to suitably?
3. Is his backstory believable enough for him to be worth playing?
4. How easy would it be to beat this guy in race, circuit, match, ctf?
5. Is he a hedgehog?

Ok, the last one is a little exaggerated but I pretty much won't download fan hedgehog characters anymore (need to get rid of nitemare soon). Unfortunately there are no recolor/fan characters left that I am interested in, so I can't give an example of someone that qualifies to all this.

I disagree on some areas, there.

2) Every player has his own preferences. Although it also depends which levels you are playing.
3) I don't really want to listen to backstory on SRB2 characters. (Although it is necasary for official characters.)
4) Although overpowered characters are bad, decent characters that can stand a chance are fine.

BlueZero4 said:
Overpowered people suck, recolors or not.

Also, if it's freakishly obvious that it's an edit, then yeah, he's a crappy recolor.

So is my character conistered a "crappy recolor" Blue?
I'm just asking because In my opinion my character looks origional.

You hand draw your sprites, no? From scratch 100%?

Then as far as I'm conscerned, he's golden. No crappy recolor in sight.

BlueZero4 said:
You hand draw your sprites, no? From scratch 100%?

Then as far as I'm conscerned, he's golden. No crappy recolor in sight.

Blue, I Do hand draw my sprites. Just so you know

As far as I know, In here a recolor is an edit of another sprite, but in most other place a recolor is a sonic character that just has different colors and maybe different acceseries or hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back