What in the world is SRB2 Workshop?

yeah i was mostly just making fun of how nu-stjr likes tossing around the fact that portlegs hurt artists or whatever when we've got a moderator here saying that they don't
You say this like it's a bad thing that needs to be made fun of, but I think you fail to recognize how this is actually an extremely good thing. 😂

It means that not every dev or staff member has exactly the same opinions. Which is something you want, btw. You want the people who run things to have various different perspectives and opinions and to be able to discuss those, so that it doesn't become an echo chamber.

You say this like it's a bad thing that needs to be made fun of, but I think you fail to recognize how this is actually an extremely good thing. 😂

It means that not every dev or staff member has exactly the same opinions. Which is something you want, btw. You want the people who run things to have various different perspectives and opinions and to be able to discuss those, so that it doesn't become an echo chamber.
fair point but i still think that portlegs should just be ignored for the better

[...] when we've got a moderator here saying that they don't
i don't see the moderator saying that it doesn't hurt artists
frost has only claimed inazuma (ONE artist) doesn't care about the portleg made from his mod

read your own source

[...] if you don't make an updated version but still are mad about portlegs of their outdated character, stop being a fucking bitch
that attitude is the crux of the portleg problem

some authors straight up don't just want to make a straight port from version to another, but rather make a better, updated version, and they can't just do it at lightning pace in a few microseconds

impatient people will make a portleg because they couldn't wait :devastation: they're dying :devastation: mod famine! mod famine! :devastation: and there you have it.

i guess there would be a case if, say, someone made a decent character on an old version and is not interested on having it updated to a newer one, but in that case you would be slightly more respectful instead of telling the author to "stop being a fucking bitch", no?
nothing stops you from making the port and keeping it to yourself, but you'd be a dick once you start sharing it around

[...] you can just ignore the ws [...]
when they keep to themselves, sure
but it's hard to when some come here on purpose to stir shit every fourth month, you know

but it's hard to when some come here on purpose to stir shit every fourth month, you know
let me see the source
i agree with all of your other claims but i've NEVER seen them come here stir shit every fourth month

let me see the source
i agree with all of your other claims but i've NEVER seen them come here stir shit every fourth month
i have to apologize, the way i explain things involves using exaggerations to drive the point. it works for some, it doesn't for others.
i meant to say "occasionally" where it's not a common occurence, but it's not super uncommon either. i figured "four months" was an acceptable middle ground.

it's an occasional thing.

as for sources, a few of these are in staff records since half of the boasts (i think???? i'm not staff) were done through DMs, but for what I have available right now, there's the DDoSing, whatever this is (!!!) and the fact that the workshop exists at all and are occasionally purposefully portlegging content and displaying it in public on said site (while this one isn't "coming here and stirring shit", it's "stirring shit" in a more silent and passive way).

Last edited:
the workshop is an alternative to the message board
it houses content, most of which is low quality
there are also portlegs, which according to our good old friend frostiikin, don't hurt the creators at all!
View attachment 101501
there, a simple answer instead of the whiny argument that started
Something said by one moderator over a year ago (which may predate them being made a moderator) is not exactly a be-all-end-all answer to the discussion. She's also talking about one specific case, responding to one video. Very weird to pretend this is about all portlegs.
i still think the whole ws rant that happened here is stupid though, you can just ignore the ws
When they respect our boundaries, sure. Two-way street.

Last edited:
i have to apologize, the way i explain things involves using exaggerations to drive the point. it works for some, it doesn't for others.
i meant to say "occasionally" where it's not a common occurence, but it's not super uncommon either. i figured "four months" was an acceptable middle ground.

as for sources, a few of these are in staff records since half of the boasts (i think???? i'm not staff) were done through DMs, but for what I have available right now, there's the DDoSing, whatever this is (!!!) and the fact that the workshop exists at all and are occasionally purposefully portlegging content and displaying it in public on said site (while this one isn't "coming here and stirring shit", it's "stirring shit" in a more silent and passive way).
Hyperbole in a discussion like this is extremely bad faith. I'm sorry, I have to clap you for it. You can't just go "This person did a LOT of bad things" -- something which will be accepted at face value, and then go "oh I actually meant only a few bad things." That's not driving the point; that's inflating your point unfairly. It makes you look even less correct than you might otherwise have been.

Anyhow,
let me see the source
Amperbee's claim is his own and I'm not cosigning it in those exact words, but what I can say is this: In addition to the initial DDoS, and the recurring attempts to spread flat out misinformation (and no, I'm not going to discount that) stuff like the following happens every couple months, making it clear there's no good will to be had.
1695838979354.png

1695839005046.png

Last edited:
the workshop is an alternative to the message board
it houses content, most of which is low quality
there are also portlegs, which according to our good old friend frostiikin, don't hurt the creators at all!
View attachment 101501
there, a simple answer instead of the whiny argument that started
Hi, yes, I was notably annoyed by 1983's actions here given how this port was made in revenge for something else, what exactly I can't remember, and said something stupid without thinking, as Inazuma is a close friend of mine. My emotions got the better of me, and I did something dumb, simply feeding the trolls. It was a poor decision on my end.

I'll be the first to admit that impulsivity is a major weakness of mine, and it's an aspect of myself that I've been attempting to better. I'd like to think I wouldn't make this same mistake nowadays, though. Also note that said comment was made long before I became a moderator. Back then, thinking about how something I say would reflect upon the rest of the mod team wasn't really a worry, given how, well... I wasn't a part of it LOL.

Rule 11: Do not backseat moderate. If something concerns you, contact staff.
why are there 37 pages

why is this thread not closed yet

With all due respect, could people from outside the conversation stop asking "Why is this thread not closed yet?" There is active and healthy discussion happening in it. I'm sorry if you think it's gone on too long (you might be right), but the rest of us are still invested in the conversation.

I'll be the first to admit that impulsivity is a major weakness of mine, and it's an aspect of myself that I've been attempting to better. I'd like to think I wouldn't make this same mistake nowadays, though. Also note that said comment was made long before I became a moderator. Back then, thinking about how something I say would reflect upon the rest of the mod team wasn't really a worry, given how, well... I wasn't a part of it LOL.
it's fine, kind of weird you'd state this a year ago however despite not even being mod
Post automatically merged:

"if you'd rather not have people edit your work without your permission you're a fucking asshole" ????????
i phrased that wrong, if you didn't expect your outdated work to be ported to newer versions, you also expected that the (AMERICAN) college tuition wouldn't be expensive

holy shit

asked XntiModern about the whole ordeal (trash bin server)
1695890223194.png

1695890261038.png

1695890320538.png

xntimodern or most srb2ru members don't seem to be involved in the ddosing, it was by one person from the workshop, xntimodern seems to agree that the perpetraror shouldn't have done this however he feels that the entirety of the srb2ru community are not at fault
you cannot control one person in a sea of others

1695891213008.png

a more indepth explanation

Last edited:
There is no new information there. Refer back to my previous response.

opera_kfw7N9vhLM.png

You seem so unrealistically invested in absolving these people that I have to be honest, it doesn't really look like good faith. But I'm going to pick their excuses apart anyways just to show everyone else here how poor they are.

1695899720759.png

They absolutely consulted them. The person was literally giving them updates as it went on. See:
1695899769608.png
<SevNeutral> I would make one scheme and it would be a little easier on the host, although this is in theory but in practice idk
<DoMikoto> But the bots still screwed up
<Sirexer> Well, in 2 months they will pay attention
They know how to ban
Not how to actually do something
<DoMikoto> That the mb is dead? Isn't it a little late?
<Sirexer> I wish that their host was taken down
<DoMikoto> SRB2 admins when someone mentions sapheros

1695901612039.png

"As we found out later" is not true, it's just an attempt to subtly make themselves sound less involved. They already knew of this at the time. They were comfortable enough treating it as their own attack, before they got called out.

"He had no evidence that MB was involved." No, Xntimodern had no evidence that MB was involved. That was a direct claim Xntimodern made, not just the other guy. This is just an attempt to subtly make themselves sound less involved.
Discord_kvqyzHDJON.png

<Xntimodern> what do I have to do with it?
I can remind that we were attacked too
before attacking them
ok?

however he feels that the entirety of the srb2ru community are not at fault
100% agreed, and don't let anyone twist this. Don't put the blame on the entire community. I'm not. I only believe that the staff are at fault, for not merely sitting idly by, but actually encouraging it.
Stop trying to white knight them. You can let them give you the runaround as much as you want, but it's a waste of time at this point when you as well as anyone could tell they're contradicting what actually happened and was recorded. The logs actually make it pretty clear.

I would like to know who supposedly DDoSed the Workshop though, and why anyone assumed it was someone or something we approved of.

Last edited:
I would like to know who supposedly DDoSed the Workshop though, and why anyone assumed it was someone or something we approved of.
I believe they are talking about this "Dumbo Tails" person

dumbo1.png

dumbo2.png

Just a lone wolf with a grudge. They are already banned from the discord too.

There is a difference between DoS and DDoS attacks. DDoS stands for Distributed DoS. To carry that out, someone would need a botnet or to perform a reflection attack, or something akin to that. Someone just saturating their own Internet connection to choke someone else's connection is just a DoS attack, not DDoS. In any case, it's illegal.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back