what if SRB2 Used A Different Engine

SRB2 in Garry`s Mod?
20220212225501_1.jpg

I thought of some engines SRB2 would run on

Unity
UE3, 4, or 5
Hedgehog Engine 1/2
Source 1/2

Not that much to say, but at least one out of the 8 of these engine's could make SRB2 work.

I thought of some engines SRB2 would run on

Unity
UE3, 4, or 5
Hedgehog Engine 1/2
Source 1/2

Not that much to say, but at least one out of the 8 of these engine's could make SRB2 work.
If it had the unreal engine i would really hope it had Goat Simulator style controls.

Rip i ment both
Post automatically merged:

And it would be EVEN WORSE if it was in hedge physics

Keep in mind that one of the strengths of SRB2 is that the tools that allow for modding are lightweight and very accessible. A rewritten SRB2 in Unity or Unreal would mean modders having to download over 20 gigabytes of software (that is unless a custom editor for custom levels and assets was written, and that would be an entire project in and of itself).

There are true 3D engines out there though that allow very accessible modding like the Doom Engine (such as the Quake Engine or the Source Engine). The drawback is that it would take many years for a new SRB to progress to the point the current one is today.

Keep in mind that one of the strengths of SRB2 is that the tools that allow for modding are lightweight and very accessible. A rewritten SRB2 in Unity or Unreal would mean modders having to download over 20 gigabytes of software (that is unless a custom editor for custom levels and assets was written, and that would be an entire project in and of itself).

There are true 3D engines out there though that allow very accessible modding like the Doom Engine (such as the Quake Engine or the Source Engine). The drawback is that it would take many years for a new SRB to progress to the point the current one is today.
If they had to download that much it would be pain!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back