Do you use these?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people use things like "rofl", "lol" or "=)". I didn't learn to read, write and type, just use a crude system of pictographs. Things like "ppl" and "u" just really brings my **** to a boil. I know its just to shorten your typing or whatever, but it never makes sence. When ever I see something like that, my mind just blows a fuse. (The only ones I know are "wtf", "FTL" and "FTW", because they are the only ones I use (once a year.))

wut? u n0t like teh 1337 sp34kz0rs!11one lolz

I think there is a list on wikipedia telling what all the terms mean. It kinda drives me crazy but not too much so long as the post is 90% legibile. (btw why didn't you learn to read, write, or type? :D j/k)

I actaully think most of that here is either 'lol' which is a real common term and not always detrimental or mocking the way many people who write that way? (like I did above)

Only time I use internet shorthand is during the middle of on-line games, when time is critical. (Such as typing while being shot in the middle of an SRB2 Netgame for instance.)

Otherwise, I type as if I am speaking, in proper and complete English.

Meh, text speak and such is fine by me _IF_ you only use the common abbreviation's and abide by all other rules of English.

Examples of good text speak is KTHXBAI, btw, ftl, ftw, and =. Yes, I love the equal sign. Also, things like "roflmao" and "lol' seem fine if your only in the chat room.

on Edge said:
abbreviation's
AWRWRWRWRWRWRWR

Anyways.. I can't stand reading nubspeak either, but I do use it from time to time when I'm just screwing around.

announcement's.
It's announcements. You use the dash to sygnify that the agent belongs to you.

Meh, I use lol occasionally, and my bro invented 'ROFLMFAOAPMPAU' (Roll Of Floor Laughing My Ass Off And Pissing My Pants At U) but apart from that I talk in full english. People that use 'LAWL' really grate me.

Sumakima said:
Why do people use things like "rofl", "lol" or "=)". I didn't learn to read, write and type, just use a crude system of pictographs. Things like "ppl" and "u" just really brings my **** to a boil. I know its just to shorten your typing or whatever, but it never makes sence. When ever I see something like that, my mind just blows a fuse. (The only ones I know are "wtf", "FTL" and "FTW", because they are the only ones I use (once a year.))
. . .ok ok here goes.
rofl. rolling on floor laughing/ lol means laugh out loud.
=) means happy (duh)

Hannyness said:
It's announcements. You use the apostrophe to signify that the agent belongs to you.

Do not correct someone when you have mistakes in your own post.

Kaysakado said:
You should make that AWRWRWRWRWRWRWR a link to that topic in announcement's. *shot*
Kaysakado said:
Highlight the message, Hannyness. It has an invisible *shot*.
I see the "*shot*" just fine without highlighting. What are you smoking?

on Edge said:
Kaysakado said:
You should make that AWRWRWRWRWRWRWR a link to that topic in announcement's. *shot*
Kaysakado said:
Highlight the message, Hannyness. It has an invisible *shot*.
I see the "*shot*" just fine without highlighting. What are you smoking?
You're either A: Not in the blue color scheme, or B: looking at it through your quote. See, in this quote, the background color goes back to the original, because it had an even number of quotes, so it's invisible in this post.
EDIT: That's not how it works. It's not invisible through any number of quotes.

on Edge said:
KTHXBAI, btw, ftl, ftw, and =.
You won't die by excess of work by putting the complete words. ;)

By the way, I hate them. They sound stupid. But meh, that's nothing comparing to spanish abbreviations and stuff. ;0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back