What electronics have broken down on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Two TVs that stopped displaying anything intelligible.
-Two cheaply made CRT Monitors that stopped working within the month I started using them.
-Countless pairs of headphones that were crushed, due to relatives accidentally sitting on them. I've only broken one pair of headphones by myself.
-Gameboy Pocket. The screen-protecting plastic cover came off. Eventually, after a year, the screen was stabbed by a pencil in my backpack. It ruined my day, because I should have seen that coming. Still have it around for spare parts.
-Dropped a decent stereo onto the driveway. It broke the CD drive, unfortunately. Still kicking myself over it, since I almost never drop anything, even if it's heavy.
-Fried an old PC motherboard some years back. I was being stupid, and upgraded it with the wrong type of RAM. I'm still kicking myself for do that.

Besides those, though, I usually handle my electronics with enough care to not brake them.

Jellybones69 said:
:SonicMaster: said:
A third party Nintendo 64 controller. Z button broke.

Never use third party remotes. They suck.

Anyway, nearly every single pair of earphones I have gotten. I plug it into my iPod a few times, then somehow breaks.

Thats being VERY ignorant. I guess you havn't seen the gamestop Gamecube (wireless) controller? Its fits much betters and overall makes the gamecube controller outdated...but thats another story. :p

-PC kept like...freezing
-DS Stopped making the R button work till I cried on it and it worked...(WTF?)
-GBA Brother dumped it in water to "clean" it.

Heh, pretty much EVERY electronic device I've used has broken down on me.
I swear, if even WATCHES break in my presence, there must be some sort of 'mechanical mind-warfare' going on between machinery and myself.

Blue DS: fit of rage breaking the top screen.
Cellphone: someone being an asshole broke it by pushing on the screen really hard even though it wasn't a touch screen.(This things screen was really hard so you would have had to push it extremely hard to break it and it had to be on purpose.)
Thats all for now...

My DS Lite's L button broke, then the hinge went screwy. Then the left speaker broke 6 months later, the screen acted like lightning, and then the area where the lights where broke off.

The thing basically crashed and burned. :3

Well, once, I was sitting at my computer, and my brother comes up to me, with pants full of static electricity, and I mean FULL, comes up to me and shocks me when I have my headphones on, right on my head. I get electrically shocked, and let out a little yelp in the process, and I here a "bzzt" and I lose my sound. Later I find that my found that my sound card is fried. And it still is fried today, because my step dad can't get it fixed yet. :/

Jellybones69 said:
:SonicMaster: said:
A third party Nintendo 64 controller. Z button broke.
Never use third party remotes. They suck.

Thats being VERY ignorant.
how

I guess you havn't seen the gamestop Gamecube (wireless) controller?
Nope.

Its fits much betters and overall makes the gamecube controller outdated...but thats another story. :p

Uh....kay? Most third party remotes still suck. It's just ONE remote, Autosaver.

I've partially broken one cell phone by taking it into the shower with me. (I was texting my now-ex, and I didn't want to stop.)

Lets just find out.
-2 Computers
-2 Laptops
-A Sentry (lol no)
-A perfectly fine DS.
-3 of those Pixter things.
-1 Light Bright
-3 Headphones
-1 TV
-1 Scanner
-And 1 pair of tennis shoes that blink. If they count.
Yeah thats a total of 16 electronics.

Oh, wow, Autosaver. The gamecube controllers look good but can suck at times.

2 Gamestop GameCube Controllers: I was playing SSBM and the nunchunk just comes off. I didn't even yank it, push it down hard, or even mess with it for much. I got it on the first day too...and then my friend broke the other one by mistake.

Telephone: I'm talking on the phone and it just cuts off in the middle of an important conversation.

360: My friend let me borrow it for a few days because he was going out of town and he couldn't trust his brother. So, I'm looking around in the 360 and my dumb-self has a cup of tea on the TV that had the 360 under it. I bonk the TV with my head and the tea falls over on the 360. It wasn't messed up but when I smacked the crap out of it.

Desktop: Mostly because I had too many things on it.

Headphones: They broke apart and I bought like 6 or 7 of them.

TV: I was carrying it up the stairs and I drop it. It rolls down the stairs and then smashes the wall. It tipped over and rolled down the first fleet of stairs which were only 6 stairs. I still have it and I'm trying to get it to work.

And my gameboy: I had so many games on it. And well, the buttons 'A and B' got stuck in and so I couldn't get them out or to work anymore. And the L button dosen't work anymore.

Little sister poured water into my laptop once and I can't get it to work anymore.

SuperSonicStar* said:
2 Gamestop GameCube Controllers: I was playing SSBM and the nunchunk just comes off. I didn't even yank it, push it down hard, or even mess with it for much. I got it on the first day too...and then my friend broke the other one by mistake.
Wut? Of course the nunchuk came out, it isn't a Wiimote! Plus you were playing melee, which doesn't have Nunchuk existence data!
And my gameboy: I had so many games on it. And well, the buttons 'A and B' got stuck in and so I couldn't get them out or to work anymore. And the L button dosen't work anymore.
Been there, open it up and clean the contacts.
Little sister poured water into my laptop once and I can't get it to work anymore.
Yeah, with electronics, water is best referred to as H-2-DON'T.

You know already. My computer hit the bucket. Also my Mp3 player refuses to let me listen to music while wearing headphones.

1997: A stuffed animal with a voice box (Particularly, "Talkin' Bubba"). That's it.

My original DS's right trigger is a little screwy, and the the top screen is off on one side, meaning it flaps around. Still works though. Then my computer broke down in January this year, overheated. My Game Boy Advance's screen is cracked. The guitar for Guitar Hero is faulty when you click the center button down.

That's about all the recent ones.

3 Computers, A GameCube, And a Slim PS2.

All of which were replaced, Fortunately.

Although, I THINK other electronics have broken down on me as well.

SNES, gameboy, game boy color, game boy advance, gamecube (LOL, my wii's giving out too)

Game gear, my last PC, my last two cameras, about twenty pairs of headphones. Several lamps, camcorders, etc.

Probably why I know how to troubleshoot so well, I've had to fix like half the stuff that breaks.

So far for myself, my head phones or "Ear Buds" are always failing on me. After a while they begin to make crackling noises and simply stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back