What do you think about the Sonic franchise in 2023?

RedSRB2

Designing PolySonic OCs since 2022
We kicked off this year with the annoucment of Sonic Origins Plus, followed by a Sonic Frontiers update. On April Fools,we got The Murder Of Sonic The Hedgehog, and now in June, we are getting Origins Plus,Sonic Superstars is revealed and we are soon going to get the second update for Frontiers.

The question is,how do you feel about what is franchise's current status? I personally think Sega is doing too much things for Sonic. I get it 2021 was not so great year (mainly because of Colours Ultimate), and 2022 got only 2 games,but this is probably too much.

I think the influx of content is because it's Amy's anniversary year. All of the announcements and releases this year relate to Amy; The third major update of Sonic Frontiers includes playable Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. Sonic Origins Plus adds in Amy as a playable character in all four main games. The Murder of Sonic The Hedgehog is about Amy's birthday celebration on board a private luxury train, and Sonic Superstars features Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy as playable characters with a bonus Modern Amy skin for signing onto the newsletter.

I'm just sad because it's also Metal Sonic's anniversary year and he's getting comparatively shafted. Metal Sonic is my favorite Sonic character, so it breaks my heart to see my bouncing blue metal boy getting shoved aside.

I'm just sad because it's also Metal Sonic's anniversary year and he's getting comparatively shafted. Metal Sonic is my favorite Sonic character, so it breaks my heart to see my bouncing blue metal boy getting shoved aside.
I think Metal Sonic was needed this year,but Sega probably refuses to include him. Afterall, his appearances in Rise of Lyric and Forces made him a normal robot villain, he was no more Sonic's greatest doppleganger everyone would fear about.

It's doing fantastic. Netflix show, a couple of decent movies, the games are a heck of a lot better than they were 5 to 15 years ago, the fan projects are amazing, the music is all top notch, rom hacks a plenty, Sega is catering to fans more now than before, there's cool merch, reviews are good, sales are good, Classic and Modern have found a way to co exist without getting in each other's way, everyone seems pretty happy to be honest. This is definitely a new golden age for Sonic as a whole. I'd still like SatAM on Blu Ray but hey.

It's doing fantastic. Netflix show, a couple of decent movies, the games are a heck of a lot better than they were 5 to 15 years ago, the fan projects are amazing, the music is all top notch, rom hacks a plenty, Sega is catering to fans more now than before, there's cool merch, reviews are good, sales are good, Classic and Modern have found a way to co exist without getting in each other's way, everyone seems pretty happy to be honest. This is definitely a new golden age for Sonic as a whole. I'd still like SatAM on Blu Ray but hey.
The first Golden Age was in Sonic's first years, that being 1991-1994, so this is the second Golden Age

The first Golden Age was in Sonic's first years, that being 1991-1994, so this is the second Golden Age
Absolutely. Besides, it's high time for Sonic to go through another change. The kids who grew up on Sonic X in the 2000s have finally grown up too and new kids are here who need a fresh take on the series. The 90s was the golden age, the 2000s was the silver age, the 2010s was the bronze age and the 2020s will be the next golden age! This is the new Sonic cycle. lol

Absolutely. Besides, it's high time for Sonic to go through another change. The kids who grew up on Sonic X in the 2000s have finally grown up too and new kids are here who need a fresh take on the series. The 90s was the golden age, the 2000s was the silver age, the 2010s was the bronze age and the 2020s will be the next golden age! This is the new Sonic cycle. lol
To be exact,im gonna put the entierty of Sonic's saga into 10 eras,all named with their honest age name:

1.Early 90s = First Golden Age

2. Mid 90s = Painful Age

3. Late 90s = Silver Age

4. Early 2000s = they still remain Silver Age lol

5. Mid 2000s = Dissapointment and Dark Age

6. Late 2000s = Silver Age,mainly because of Sonic Unleashed

7. Early 2010s = Balanced Age (while yes,we do get good games,we also get bad ones *ahem* Sonic 4 Episodes)

8. Mid 2010s = BoomIsMid Age (Boom is mediocre)

9. Late 2010s = Mania Age

10. 2020s = Second Golden Age

To be exact,im gonna put the entierty of Sonic's saga into 10 eras,all named with their honest age name:

1.Early 90s = First Golden Age

2. Mid 90s = Painful Age

3. Late 90s = Silver Age

4. Early 2000s = they still remain Silver Age lol

5. Mid 2000s = Dissapointment and Dark Age

6. Late 2000s = Silver Age,mainly because of Sonic Unleashed

7. Early 2010s = Balanced Age (while yes,we do get good games,we also get bad ones *ahem* Sonic 4 Episodes)

8. Mid 2010s = BoomIsMid Age (Boom is mediocre)

9. Late 2010s = Mania Age

10. 2020s = Second Golden Age
More accurate. I will go by this from now on.

The Sonic cycle is back partially (people getting overhyped and expecting tons of things that aren't even officially announced, only to be disappointed when those things don't come). It's gotten to a point where I can predict when something will make people unhappy just by how people react to it.
Nonetheless, we're getting REALLY good stuff.

its great nothing is stopping sonic not even other companies can be as good as sonic they do not care about the fans that's what makes sonic in 2023 great

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back