What do u think about them adding the srb2k/srb2 kart to Android

if it wasn't, then Sega would probably take it down
Sega isn’t the only problem here, Apple is. Apple requires that you assert that you own everything in your app to get onto the App Store.

I don’t want to speak for the devs but the idea of an IOS version has been suggested many times over the years, but has been laughed off each time. This goes for both getting on the App Store or otherwise.

Nobody really wants to make an IOS version. The Web Port working on IOS was more of a fun bonus than the main point of the port.

The Web Port working on IOS was more of a fun bonus than the main point of the port.
Hmm, well someone should revive the project so that it would be the most accessible version of srb2. At least up to the latest version as of now or 2.2.6 or something idk. I'd think maybe the version where nearly all srb2 mods are compatible with it, mainly the good and popular ones.
Post automatically merged:

Sega isn’t the only problem here, Apple is. Apple requires that you assert that you own everything in your app to get onto the App Store.

I don’t want to speak for the devs but the idea of an IOS version has been suggested many times over the years, but has been laughed off each time. This goes for both getting on the App Store or otherwise.
The thing is as well, it's the most popular phone brand, so it would be great to have more players onto the game, and maybe more modders if they get interested in doing so.

Since Doom and srb2 are the most malleable, old and modded engines out there, it can be great for beginners or experts with coding a game or mods.

Plus, as the saying goes, the more the merrier!

Last edited:
As someone who sometimes plays srb2 on mobile. I think its a great idea and adds portability to srb2.
Its just hard to control without buttons. idk about srb2 kart though.

Hmm, well someone should revive the project so that it would be the most accessible version of srb2. At least up to the latest version as of now or 2.2.6 or something idk. I'd think maybe the version where nearly all srb2 mods are compatible with it, mainly the good and popular ones.
Mods become outdated with each patch. I can’t help but think you’re saying this just so you can play these mods, as an IOS user.

Well yes, thats why I said. But I've since before got a MacOS computer and can play srb2 with and without mods, so I don't really need to. But if I don't have access to my Mac, It would be great to be able to play it portably, with or without mods.

I think it's a great idea and adds portability to srb2. Its just hard to control without buttons.
Yeah, you're right. It is, But there are ways around this, by connecting a controller or keyboard and mouse to your device via bluetooth or something, it can make your experience better.

I'd recommend playing with a controller tho.

After all, they didn't make controllers so ergonomic for nothing!

Last edited:
iOS is a locked-down platform, one of the most (if not the most) locked-down in the market. I don't think STJr would ever want to make an official port for such a platform, I think it's stupid to ask for it. Sorry.
Fan-made ports would always be welcome I guess.

It could be technically possible to release an ios port via altstore or something but i doubt anyone actually wants to do that

It could be technically possible to release an ios port via altstore or something but i doubt anyone actually wants to do that
But if somone did made the port it’s going to be hard for them to port it because due to .11 having a 60fps uncapped and if there was a .11 port on iOS then some user device will not handle the 60fps problem would crash or that kinda stuff due to your device not being compatible for 60fps so there is no hope for a iOS port on the alt store.

Oh also if they wanted to update srb2 to the next version it would be hard for them to do that just like the web beats was stuck on .4 so if there was a port on the alt store and for example if .12 came out then the developer would had a lot of trouble porting it to the next version leaving it stuck on 2.2.11

the developer would had a lot of trouble porting it to the next version leaving it stuck on 2.2.11
If it was a passion project, then they would be ok with that, presuming they're prepared for it too. Sonic Robo Blast 1 and 2 were passion projects and that made a whole fandom due to how great it was.

If you want more people to play your game, you want accessibility.

Last edited:
If it was a passion project, then they would be ok with that, presuming they're prepared for it too. Sonic Robo Blast 1 and 2 were passion projects and that made a whole fandom due to how great it was.

Exactly.

would you think it would be done the same as for the web beta?

I kinda hope so
i saw a mod that completely overhauls srb2 so it plays like srb2 kart
you could put that on the web beta
i dont remember what it was called

Last edited:
STJr has no real incentive to have as many SRB2 players as possible, other than the natural incentive that every game developer has that doesn't develop games for only themselves. I don't think STJr would ever be interested in officially supporting such a proprietary, dumbed-down platform as Apple's iOS.

Well if they wanted more people, I’m sure they wouldn’t do it for their own benefit. It don’t have to be official after all, that web beta could be updated to the latest version so more people can play.

There is already a 2.2.11 port

But for kart theres a port video from trey :

I don't know if trey is using a emulator to run this.
It's a PC emulator called winlator I tested it now

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back