What changes do you want in 2.2.14?

The feature I'm personally most excited for that I hope gets in is Add-on Unloading, without a doubt. I think we can all attest that the most annoying thing about SRB2 is the need to restart the game any time we want to load different addons. This makes it far easier to hop between servers on a whim, and if we could additionally get an option to manually unload certain addons, this could greatly benefit modding as well. Need to make a tiny edit to the LUA of a character or fix some sectors in a map? Don't restart the game, just unload the mod and load it again to test your changes.

Another thing I hope gets in is Palette Rendering for OpenGL. As a longtime defender of OGL, even I admit the colors of Software are much more appealing, and if we had them in OGL it'd be the best of both worlds. The MR seems to already be pretty fleshed out with only some minor bugs left to squash, so I'm hoping it makes the cut for 2.2.14.

I'm not sure how this would work, but maybe we could do a restart option on the pause/main menu instead of opening and closing the game.

Bring Back Online Multiplayer For Moblie Users
It's possible to play Multiplayer on mobile, I've done it on my tablet.
You might have to go into the server settings, find the Master Server address, and change https: to http:
It might also be true that you don't have the newest version of SRB2. Version 2.2.13, as an unofficial but usable port, is available and can be accessed through srb2.org and looking at the Downloads page.

Basically
Some of the most critical changes that I feel SRB2 truly needs in its current state:
  • Allow players to become Spectators in Co-op, I don't see the point in not allowing this other than making it annoying to deal with AFK players who aren't going to finish the level.
  • Add something to make the game restart and auto join selected server if it detects addon differences, like a prompt asking players to restart and auto rejoin selected server, so that players can unload addons and switch between servers seamlessly and without having to go through the hassle of manually restarting the entire game, waiting for master server to load servers then finding that specific server they wanted to join again.
  • Add "reconnect" console command to quickly reconnect to currently joined server
  • Fix chatbug (or at least add reconnect console command)
  • Client-side prediction / eliminate netgame input delay by having player actions happen on their side before they are sent to the server which then sends it to everyone else.
  • OpenGL mode software palette rendering like in TSoURDt3rd.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back