Well... here's to another April Fools Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even as someone that likes the yearly craziness, I noticed that people are really taking the AFD antics for granted. As such its probably best not to have each year be just as disruptive as the last one.

Despite how half-hearted this year's attempt was, I still struggle to comprehend why you guys haven't found the missing piece of the puzzle yet.

This year's AFD was nice and simple, and I thought they were fairly enjoyable gags (though the Robotnik one was the only one to really sustain my attention). Not seeing the problem.

Well, you know how HOW DO I JUMP? worked?
HDIJ failed. I explicitly stated it would, and it did.

Yes, and they were absolutely, without a single fucking doubt, the most painful days of this forum's existence. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Okay, well maybe not all of you. Some, maybe most of you.

Removed

Hmm.. the search didn't work. :p
HDIJ - How do I jump was simply a spam forum. You could break the rules,(many acting like idiots) spamming memes, forum games(Count to 5000, Painttennis, Paint Adventure) and more.

Last edited:
In stark contrast, I was against its creation AND I was against its end. Although I accepted the fact that it had to die... I knew it was doomed the minute we tried to quantify "humor" into rules that would moderate the forum. Because then what does come is forced (except that which Arf and a select few dreamt up), but if there were no moderation in place, then you end up looking for a candy bar in a dumpster full of rotten vegetables.

Either way, I was sorry to see it go... not because I thought it could live but because I wanted to think it could.

EDIT: Either that or it could just be that I oppose Spazzo's every decision with the simple talent of being able to cook enough hogwash up to sound logical even when I'm inconsistent. You decide.

Me being funny? You guys sure could go for stand-up, you know? I have hardly laughed this hard in weeks.
HDIJ? It was pretty cool, IMO, but our userbase is not mature enough to have one. I'm not insulting anyone or calling anyome immature... You want spam? You can't handle the spam! Some people just couldn't handle being rulefree and went all-out. I honestly think that the only rule that should ever be applied is "use common sense", yet it's such a cloudy term for many, and it's not even solidified for others.

Me being funny? You guys sure could go for stand-up, you know? I have hardly laughed this hard in weeks.
HDIJ? It was pretty cool, IMO, but our userbase is not mature enough to have one. I'm not insulting anyone or calling anyome immature... You want spam? You can't handle the spam! Some people just couldn't handle being rulefree and went all-out. I honestly think that the only rule that should ever be applied is "use common sense", yet it's such a cloudy term for many, and it's not even solidified for others.

Well, I've went over this a long time ago, but to any of you who've at least kept an eye on Sigsev Cafe while it was still alive, I've emphasized that its "Asdf" board was not a "spam" board but a "fluff" board. The reason -- and I've said this before -- was because stupidity alone isn't funny, and spamming up the board with crap topics makes it really hard to find anything worth looking at in the forum. The difference between HDIJ was that Asdf was ironically heavily moderated, because shitty posts do need to be rooted out to maintain the quality of a board, no matter what the board's about. That doesn't mean Asdf wasn't lenient, it just means people took it too far. As people do here.

The other difference, as you said, is that people on the SRB2MB don't have a very aligned idea of what is funny and what isn't, especially due to the sheer age difference of the whole population. At sigsev, everyone was on there not because it was the SRB2 community's main source of communication, but because they wanted to be there, largely because of the people that were already there; so the board had a group of intelligent people (except Autosaver and AndyQHW) that knew how to be lighthearted in a way that's actually enjoyable to their fellow people.

It sounds self-contradicting, but I guess the idea here is that you gotta be smart if you wanna be dumb.

Seconding this, was it really necessary? Especially when it DIDN'T work?
Nope, which was why I removed it.

the board had a group of intelligent people (except Autosaver and AndyQHW) that knew how to be lighthearted in a way that's actually enjoyable to their fellow people.
Ha ha, I remember that place. Andy was supposed to be cancer. Then I acted like an idiot to Kaysakado. :p (Remember me when I tried to act cool by making a topic about Kaysakado? I swear it was because I was 10)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back