Weird question

Is it possible to add custom characters to the srb2.pk3 file?. Because i play with one specific character mod a lot and i kind of want it to be default so i can save my data WITHOUT the customdata.soc because that mod REQUIRES you to put your mods in the correct order (and i dont remember the order of my mods tbh).

the vanilla S_SKIN files are in player.dta as of 2.2.10 so you could try putting it there
i'd suggest you try it on a new install first though just to make sure it works since i have no idea what would happen to any Lua files

(btw which character is it?)

Is it possible to add custom characters to the srb2.pk3 file?. Because i play with one specific character mod a lot and i kind of want it to be default so i can save my data WITHOUT the customdata.soc because that mod REQUIRES you to put your mods in the correct order (and i dont remember the order of my mods tbh).
No, and do NOT attempt this. The game checks the integrity of srb2.pk3 and player.dta when it launches, and if either has been modified, it will immediately crash. In other words, doing this will break your SRB2 installation.

You could, however, make a custom version of customdata.soc for just that character.

hold on i'm an idiot
you can just use autoexec.cfg and the addfile command to automatically load the character and the custom save on startup
heres a link to the wiki if you need help doing it

No, and do NOT attempt this.
what they said
sorry i dont know that much about actually modifying internal game files

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back