Weird glitch in my map

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAngel

Hi.

Tried designing a CTF map recently. Since I didn't have anyone to test play it with, I put a one-player start in it and launched it in SRB2 to see how it looked.
It seemed to run ok, but the character died every time it entered one of the sectors I'd set up as the red team and blue team bases.
Is that just a problem with running CTF games in one player mode, or is something messed up in my map settings?
I'm hoping to set it up for other multiplayer games too, like Chaos and match play, but I don't want players dying every time they accidentally wander into one of the base sectors.

Check the sector type, you might have accidentally changed it to a death pit or instant death sector.

Don't think so. I'm using Doombuilder, and I set the Linedef effect to give the sector a pulsating light effect, and set the sector effect as red/blue team base. Used a light texture from THZ. Red one for the red base, blue one for the blue base. Don't see any other settings that would create any damage effects on it.

Ahhh ok. Never thought of that, lol

Do the other light effects work ok?
The base sectors are on a raised area of the map that isn't immediately obvious to spot if you're under attack and haven't played the map before, so I wanted to give it some sort of flashing light effect to draw attention to it.

Been thinking of putting coloured banners on it too.
On the CEZ2 level the starting room has banners hanging from the ceiling. I was trying to get that effect on the sector around the bases, but it keeps tiling the flag texture instead of just displaying one. How do I get that to work?

I don't know which lighting effects work, but I do know that flashing lights work.

Hmm, didn't try an FOF for it. I was using one as a roof for the base, then trying to hang flags on the edges with a single linedef that only had a top texture, but it just tiled it over the whole linedef instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back