Waterslides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX

Now 100% less jaded!
I'm trying to make a waterslide for my current level, but I can't seem to get it to work just right. I got the current working, but the water does not move, and the character is not carried forwards on their back...

Any help on this one? Is it perhaps a combination of linedefs on the water control sector, or am I missing something entirely?

I figured out how to make one myself. Studying it from deep sea didn't help, so I randomly did stuff, logically though.

Erm, okay. First just make a water control sector, give it the 512 sector effect and tag it to the sector in-map where you want it. Give it a new tag and there's nothing else to do with it. Now make a new control sector. (this will be your wind speed/current/scroll ceiling texture sector) Give a linedef (Remember, the direction of the linedef is based on where the water-slide will take you. Also remember the length gives the speed) the 544 effect and go into it's properties. Uncheck Effect 6 and check effect 4. Give another linedef of that same control sector linedef effect 513 (Remember. The direction of the linedef.) Make sure you tag both of those linedefs to the other water control sector. And that's it.

If still any problems I could make you a sample and you could study off of it.

Apply the Wind/Current sector special to the control sector, not the sector where you want the FOF to be...

Yes, this is changed from 1.09.4

Awesome! Thanks, you guys! To you especially, SSN (I never would've guessed that you would have answered!) Lockers, do your thing~

In DSZ1&2, we see the character's state being changed when being carried by water. Formerly, we need to use a "Touch Floor" trigger and a "Change Object State" linedef. Seems these are no longer necessary, but my levels (Mill Citadel 1 and 2) still use them...

I'd like to know which effects I need to set for an Opaque and Intangible FOF that carries the character and changes his state as DSZ's waterslide.

Ezer.Arch said:
I'd like to know which effects I need to set for an Opaque and Intangible FOF that carries the character and changes his state as DSZ's waterslide.

It's recommended to do it the way DSZ does, because it also alters your control scheme.

I forget which linedef flag to tick, so check DSZ. It's a flag on the water current linedef.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back