Was homing attack removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
A question about 2.0, was homing attack and lightdash removed? Sorry for the short post.

Shoot. Is there a way to enable homing in a level, or is that just for characters?

It used to be usable by all Speed Thok characters using the Console Command "homing"
But now it is only an ability for Character WADS.

I was just playing as Tails and no, they did not remove that ability. I ran on water perfectly except for when I ran right into a wall.
Erm, were you playing 2.0.4? I think water-running is only possible with super characters.

You either have water walking, or water skipping. Skipping requires more skill, so it's the better choice.

Hence why it takes more skill.

Water running was just Jesus code that I'm glad to see removed. A prime example of how overpowered it is can be seen watching a video with SMS on an ice level (MR's?) skipping over all the ice water threats, making the level ridiculously easy.

Level design fail, I say.
Water running can make interesting obstacle courses...

K, let's make that better.
In SMW, the cape feather is overpowered. To fix that, the hacker just add a ceiling made with invisible cement blocks. There, not overpowered anymore.
Mystic could put a whole lot of turrets/jettysins to make waterrunning through the obstacles challenging.
Of course, there could be a better fix but oh well.

Last edited:
Not level design fail. Ability fail.
Water running allows for many things to be cheaply skipped over. It's ridiculous to claim that it's a level designer's fault when the ability is broken. Now, that's not to say I don't think RUNONWATER doesn't have a place (Indeed, I've made a few character ability proposals that would include it in a more ideal fashion), but having it available for every character is a terrible idea at best.

I fail to see how water skipping requires more skill, seeing as you can't do a thing (other than strafe very slowly :<) after you start bouncing.
EXACTLY. You need to calculate your angle previously to stepping foot in the water, because once you get going there's not a lot of maneuvering you can do. With running on water, though, you can just go in circles for as long as you like with no repercussion.

Yeah, but water running. You NEED sneakers. Oh, and tails "running over ice" is so cheap. Have you ever thought of SPIN FLY? >_> You'll go across all obstacles at the same speed. AND you won't need sneakers.

Yeah, but water running. You NEED sneakers. Oh, and tails "running over ice" is so cheap. Have you ever thought of SPIN FLY? >_> You'll go across all obstacles at the same speed. AND you won't need sneakers.
Spin Fly HAS to stay in order to keep the characters balanced in MP (except Race, but let's not get into that...). If Spin Fly goes, Tails loses one of his main unique abilities that makes him useful in CTF, Match, and Tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back