Warning: Do not read if you hate pointless posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been done.

Several people have already made 2D maps for SRB2 (Specifically a441, a few others, and I), though I only know of two Match 2D maps and two Single Player 2D maps ;/

I made a 2D Toxic Caves Zone, but it was only my 3rd wad ever and I didn't know how to use FOFs, so it sucked...

And act 2 was adventure mode so you could lightdash tward or away from the camera making it 2.5D

2.5D = "2 1/2 Dimension", technologically innacurate, but it's come to describe a videogame where the gameplay is side-scrolling but the level is polygonal.

A good example of this is Klonoa, for the Playstation and Playstation 2. Think of it like a "side scrolling platformer on rails".

2.5D is just a gimmicky term that was created by Nintendo to describe Yoshi's Story for N64, and it eventually became used to describe any platformer on rails. It obviously doesn't really exist, it's just an old marketing term.

Neo Chaotikal said:
TheDarkArchon said:
Mystic said:
2.5D is just a gimmicky term that was created by Nintendo to describe Yoshi's Story for N64, and it eventually became used to describe any platformer on rails. It obviously doesn't really exist, it's just an old marketing term.

It's not used just in platforming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.5D
TDA, Mystic posted that around three years ago.

*checks*

Oops.

Jesus Christ, man! I know bumping topics is allowed, but this is ridiculous. All you did was say "I hate Yoshi's Story". Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 13, Members: 0, Guests: 13)

Back