Wad Segment violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Ninja

I just made a new character wad, sky ninja, and when i add the file it goes in like normal, but when I choose to play as him, it causes a segment violation just before the sprite shows up. :cry: What should I do?

Fix the sprite.

But, which sprite. Character select image or front walking sprite? Are you selecting him in single or multiplayer?

It happens when the character shows up in the level. He shows up in the character select screen fine, and I've checked all of the sprites, all of the names and images are fine.

Do you have ALL of the frames done? Or at least placeholders for the frames you don't have done?

Sometimes it'll do that to sprites. Just replace the sprite again, and see what happens. If not then I don't know what to say unless you put up a link.

Might be the problem: No patches found for PLAYA1 Frame (Frame name)

How to solve: Go to the SRB2Wiki, and find the Frame they are talking about.

Example: No patches for PLAYA1 Frame B

Solved!

My PLAYB1 - PLAYB5 was accidently name PLAY1 - PLAY5!

In order: I can't post a link yet, but I will as soon as possible, for the second time, I've checked the sprites, and for the third time, I've checked the sprites! :evil:
I've checked all of the sprites, all of the names and images are fine.
Third post.
I checked with the sprites from the SRB2Wiki, and I have all the sprites.
Fith post.

Tell us how you loaded the sprite. Whch buttons you used to load the sprite, any adjustments to the offsets, any other such edits, anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back