Wad SEGHSIGV Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSpikes57

I like chicken pot pie.
Every time I try to play a wad in SRB2 like SRB2 City or STH360 It doesn;t work. Whenever I try to access SRB2 City or try to go to Wave Ocean, the game crashes and gives me a "SEGMENT HANDLER: SIGNAL VIOLATIOLN" Error or something like that. Whats wrong?

That's called a sigsev. It's the most general error SRB2 can dish out, and I have no idea what's causing it. But you can find out! After it sigsevs, open up errorlog.txt and scroll to the bottom and paste the error code here(it should look like: ~~x~~~~~~ or something like that, not the whole string of numbers), and maybe someone'll know what it means.

Don't paste the entire errorlog here. Put the EIP number in this topic - http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30747. The first post explains what else you need to do.

EDIT: I don't think you even need to do that. Those wads sound like they are wads for 1.09.4, which isn't the current version. 2.0.x can't run these maps without being converted. The STH360 mod might need more converting then the level converter supplied with 2.0.x.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back