• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

WAD characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

I notised that you can "make characters" for this game, but I don't have any software, or sprite skills. So, before you ask why I posted this topic, I'll answer that questiion right now.

Some people *me for one* can't make decent sprites for a custom character. So, I figured people could post their characters and data of the character so others could use them. Also, I don't know if this is true, but don't characters only work for spacific demos?

So, yeah...post character and data so others can expirence something different. (Please post what demo your character works with)

If this topic is pointless, just lock it because I have no clue weather or not there is another topic like this. *I looked for one similar before posting*

Also, there is a 'Shadow' add-on in srb2.org The sad thing is...I don't know how to put it to work, someone help!

Shadow is a custom skin, the only one currently available to the public that works with 1.09. You must add it either using the -file perameter, a launcher, or the "addfile" console command. Then it will become available to be selected on the Character Select menu.

I don't have any software to change shadow.zip to shadow.wad

Is there a chance you could gimme a link to a area I could download software to change him. Or....can I do it without extra software?

lol!!! I've tried...never works, but thanks to srb2-playa he gave me Winzip so I could play as Shadow.

Does anyone have any wad characters they would like to share?

Wow. There is someone on the internet that hasn't used a ZIP extractor before?

Whoever complained about the fact that I don't use RAR, I told you so.

Mystic said:
Wow. There is someone on the internet that hasn't used a ZIP extractor before?
Apparently, and it's shocking for me :eek: But it isn't the problem, looks like he doesn't know what is a ZIP!!! Or why did he asked about convert the ZIP into a WAD??? o_O

Ok, let me tell you what I thought at the time.

I thought .zip was a file just like .gif or anyone else, I diden't know that it is used to make downloads faster. I also tried "double clicking" the file and it diden't open. So I just downloaded Winzip to do that.

Jason the Echidna said:
Shadow is a custom skin, the only one currently available to the public that works with 1.09. You must add it either using the -file perameter, a launcher, or the "addfile" console command. Then it will become available to be selected on the Character Select menu.

>> << all of mine work perfectly fine.....

The problem is only with wads that are added to the Character Select screen. Otherwise, you choose them from the multiplayer playet select screen.

Shadow said:
Jason the Echidna said:
Shadow is a custom skin, the only one currently available to the public that works with 1.09
>> << all of mine work perfectly fine.....
Note that I said "currently available to the public"

Aqua said:
I thought .zip was a file just like .gif or anyone else, I diden't know that it is used to make downloads faster. I also tried "double clicking" the file and it diden't open. So I just downloaded Winzip to do that.
You didn't understand, did you?

A ZIP file isn't for make download faster: it's a file which contains various files compressed, like a folder, but taking less space. That's all. Obviously it'll be faster because it takes less time download a smaller file, but that's other thing.

And, if you don't have a program for open them (like WinZip), it obviously won't open if you double click on it :P

How old are you? Looks like you're new to the Internet.

Sik said:
You didn't understand, did you?

A ZIP file isn't for make download faster: it's a file which contains various files compressed, like a folder, but taking less space. That's all. Obviously it'll be faster because it takes less time download a smaller file, but that's other thing.

And, if you don't have a program for open them (like WinZip), it obviously won't open if you double click on it :P

He's already aware of that now. He sent me a PM, and I answered.

Dude, what the freak is with all the new n00bs?

A zip, rar, ace or 7zip file are all compressed folders, ofcourse each using different methods of compression. Some advantages of them include:
1. Keep all files that you need to backup into 1 zip and put it on a new hard drive
2. Depending on the compression method, .RAR bieng the best, they can take a file 5 MB big and turn it into a 500KB size file.
3. On remote hosting, some services don't allow some file types. If it supports any of the compression files, this is a big advantage and ALSO takes up WAY less.
4. Downloading files are SO much shorter time wise, allowing servers to not need as much bandwidth, while still giving you an advantage at dialup and other slow internet service providers.

Note to EVERYONE new: Make sure to try before you ask. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back