Visual Uglyness

Status
Not open for further replies.

saph

Uhm... I'm getting some weird ugly stuff in my map.

srb20003vn.jpg
srb20019tl.jpg

First is dumb, but you can see Sonic is messed up.

Well, when I walked to certain spots and turned the camera around a bit, a bit of Sonic dissapeared. And where I have the thok barrier, it has the hall of mirrors effect going on above the rock wall. Y'all probably know why this is happening and how to fix it. :(

Uhm... thanks, but that's not the problem I'm having.
saph said:
Well, when I walked to certain spots and turned the camera around a bit, a bit of Sonic dissapeared. And where I have the thok barrier, it has the hall of mirrors effect going on above the rock wall.

No, the "screenshot" command will put screenshots in your SRB2 directory. Then you can put the screenshots in here so we'll have a better idea of what's going on.

The first one looks like a software renderer glitch that any map could have, and the second one looks like an HOM, or "Hall of Mirrors", an effect that occurs when the game doesn't know the texture it's supposed to be using. You're probably missing some textures somewhere.

Ok, then I guess the first one is just there. But the second... I'm pretty sure I have all my textures. I even used DB's no-texture-fix thing and it didn't find any missing. I think it's because I have a room behind that wall, but I dunno.

Depends on what that room is up to. Usually if the thok barrier is set up correctly (floor and height are set to the same height, and ceiling is F_SKY1), then nothing bad happens.

You might have to post the WAD itself to show what the problem is, ultimately.

So that's what HOM means!
Anyways, have you had any experiance with DOOM Level editing? 'Cause, if not, then it could be that you're breaking one or more of the 'Rules' that you don't know, like "Just because it's a line doesn't mean it's a wall", or "F_Sky1 is there, it just doesn't look like it", or "Put Player Starts in every map or it will give an error" or something like that.

It looks like that sky bug in SPMoves, which Jason doesn't have a fix for. I'm assuming you don't use SPMoves to test, right? 'Cuz, if you do, then use normal SRB2.

Other than that, I'm not sure. You can send me the WAD and I'll host it for you for everyone to see if you'd like.

Yeah, I've made plenty sucky DooM wads. And no, I don't use SPMoves to test it. I guess it doesn't really matter... I'll just restart it, I probably messed up somewhere along the line. Thanks for the help, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back