Visual Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just did a clean "install" of 2.04, I run the game and everything looks fine until about 10 or so seconds later all of the game's colours look like what you would get if you inverted the colours and darkened them.

For Example sonic at the title screen's eyes are brown and the clouds in the background are brown and his body is green and at the first level the world is mostly purple.

Can't show this with a console command screenshot because it comes up as it should look (Perfectly Normal) but if I printscreen I get this; http://i49.tinypic.com/5vyyvb.jpg which isn't what I see on my screen but is also bad.

Note to point out though this does not happen in window mode but I'd really like to play in Fullscreen. (Or in a window mode with a bigger Resolution would be fine too)

PC Specs if people want to know but I really doubt they would be the problem unless if it was compatibility issue.

Windows 7, 64 Bit
XFX ATi Radeon® 4890 XXX 1GB DDR5
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ ~2.7GHz
8GB RAM

Last edited:
Hmm... Sounds like what happens to me when I Alt+Tab in and out of SRB2.
I know that ATi cards have a tendency to b0rk up like that, so that might be the problem.

If you press F11 (or was it F10), it should shift the brightness settings and in so doing reset your game back to the normal colors.

Hmm... Sounds like what happens to me when I Alt+Tab in and out of SRB2.
I know that ATi cards have a tendency to b0rk up like that, so that might be the problem.

Alt + Tabbing actually fixes it for me temporally.

If you press F11 (or was it F10), it should shift the brightness settings and in so doing reset your game back to the normal colors.

Well F11 does reset the colours to how they should look... but then the problem reoccurs about 10 or so seconds later, meaning I would have to be consistently be pushing F11.

Thanks for that Tip, but are is there a Actual fix to make it not occur at all?

Last edited:
I think it might be wonky drivers trying to "enhance" the graphics and actually breaking things. Oh, and you aren't using OpenGL, are you?

I think it might be wonky drivers trying to "enhance" the graphics and actually breaking things. Oh, and you aren't using OpenGL, are you?

I'll check in the Catalyst Control Center if it's doing anything like that and I'm not using OpenGL.

EDIT: Figured it out, Rotating Windows 7 Wallpaper causes this, every time it would rotate it would mess up the colours in SRB2. (My Guess anyway)

Extra info: I Curiously tried out OpenGL and Rotating Wallpaper doesn't effect it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back