Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the netcode is still shit. C-failing terribly in both DSZ and CEZ. Any idea what's up with it? Is there an unnoticed hole? Broken segment? Didn't it just get its dinner? The game is really ridiculous to play with a lot of people, sometimes the server even sticks out the white flag and malforms. If you know what is wrong in it, then I hope it'll soon get fixed.

犬夜叉;742862 said:
* You can no longer pause the game in Record Attack or NiGHTS Mode.

So I can't even stop for a short breather in the middle of attempting Special Stage 7 for the three-thousandth time?

So I can't even stop for a short breather in the middle of attempting Special Stage 7 for the three-thousandth time?

To be honest, I don't know why you would need to pause in a stage that requires focus to know how to not hitting the laser walls. I've got an A rank in the seventh Special Stage and didn't need to pause, so yeah. Reaching the capsule is kind of a short breather, and if you're too frustrated to keep trying it, just try again another day.

How DO you get an A-Rank? I can link like crazy, but I always end up having not enough spheres. Rob's playthrough is absolutely ridiculous. DX Is there a magical trick to this wonderland of... ...spinning?

犬夜叉;742862 said:
* You can no longer pause the game in Record Attack or NiGHTS Mode.

That's a shame. I suppose it's not necessarily a bad change, but I personally believe the difficulty curve's spiked a bit more than it should in this release. It's an understandable change though, as it's evident that the faster-paced playing field the special stages provide should change gears, and as a result, have the player's complete focus.

I've never liked the NiGHTS mode to an extent, but fortunately, it works well in special stages. I suppose I may be nitpicking here, but with the mode being implemented into obtaining chaos emeralds, the complaints tend to become rather glaring issues.

On 2.1.3 C-Fails are getting very active. There is a possibility that player 2 who joins server after the host will c-fail immediately.

People had lots of issues with Network Play yesterday, after SRB2 got updated.

I was spectating two opposite flag runners continuously running into walls for minutes before realizing that I was apparently desynchronized and got kicked the moment I spawned onto a team.

And the netcode is still shit. C-failing terribly in both DSZ and CEZ. Any idea what's up with it? Is there an unnoticed hole? Broken segment? Didn't it just get its dinner? The game is really ridiculous to play with a lot of people, sometimes the server even sticks out the white flag and malforms. If you know what is wrong in it, then I hope it'll soon get fixed.

We're experimenting with some changes to how consisfails are handled to solve problems with inconsistent consistency checks between platforms. This wasn't included in the patch notes, and should not effect how often consisfails occur on windows 32 bit, but it might.

I just finished getting all the Time Attack emblems, and now I'm going for the ring and score emblems, which, so far, have been much, much harder.
also i don't know why everyone finds ss7 so damn hard don't kill me pls

Hey guys I have a question. Is the Online Multiplayer working? 'Cause it keeps saying that its offline. I don't get it. I have the v2.1.3 patch but nothing. I can't access the Multiplayer.

I loved how the water/fire shield leaves behind a fire trail which destroys the badniks on contact.

The water and fire shields were actually separate from one another a long time ago. I think fire and lava were deemed too uncommon as level hazards to warrant an entire shield for it, which could be why the fire trail was conceptualized in the first place.

The original design for the game called for a single elemental shield, and this was present in early versions of the game. Some time around the 1.0 days somebody decided to split it, with the Water Shield protecting only against slime hazards, the electric protection going to the Attraction Shield, and a new shield, Inferno, for fire protection. Since both the other two shield also had another perk (breathing in water/sucking up rings), the fire trail was given to the Inferno Shield to balance it out a bit.

For 2.0, the shields were collapsed back into the original single Elemental Shield, but everyone liked the flame trail so it came along for the ride.

Sick update guys!!! I love all of the new levels!
Little adjustments to the GFZ's are nice! Even the smallest things that broke up the familiarity made me slightly excited. I guess I've just played the game so many damn times, that the new stuff really POPS in a good way!
The new THZ is especially cool. The second zone finally feels like a big hazardous factory and that's SICK. Also CEZ's boss fight is one of the funnest times I've had in single player. Good job on those boss fights, by the way! They actually feel like an essential part of the game now!

Just a few complaints, though, in no particular order, just as they sprout from my brain:
Scenery quality is all over the damn place. This is maybe because we have old ugly level design juxtaposed against newer more detailed architecture, but really, you can see this everywhere. There are two segments of the game in particular that stand out in my head:
1. Coming out of THZ2 into DSZ1. We were just barely part of a veritable buffet of cool new visual effects and inventive scenery, and immediately after coming out of that we have... giant square monotextured rooms and the flattest lighting jobs in the game. Not saying DSZ is bad per se, just that it feels like an antique when you step into its blander spaces with THZ2 fresh in your memory. Seriously, get Spherallic (I'm pretty sure I saw his name in the credits!) to come in here and just liven up the place or something because DSZ downright hideous in places. Which is a shame, since there's a ton of visual potential in the sunken temple theme.
2. CEZ2 - the whole zone. The detailed areas are delicously beautiful while the rest suffers from monotonous texturing and questionable lighting. I can't help but feel like I'm noticing the ugly oldness standing in stark contrast to the vibrant newer areas again.

Also, outrunning metal sonic feels kinda funny, since the whole level feels like it's supposed to be a chase. But eh, what can you do? That level was loads of fun anyway.

I'm sure I had more complaints, but I've forgotten them at the moment. The special stages are orgasmic and that particular emblem in CEZ2 was a pain in the ass to get to but really cool nonetheless ;)

Good job guys! You seriously rock!

Also, outrunning metal sonic feels kinda funny, since the whole level feels like it's supposed to be a chase. But eh, what can you do? That level was loads of fun anyway.

Not a chase, a race! The whole section is an homage to the Metal Sonic race in Sonic CD.

I definitely agree with you about DSZ, too. The first room looks so ugly, especially since you just came from a gazing at a beautiful skybox out of an elevator window.

I already liked the Special Stages, but I'm beginning to love them now that I'm finally getting good at them. At first I thought it'd be completely impossible for me to ever get an A rank in every level, but now I'm feeling more confident.

The thing with "prettifying" DSZ is that several sections of the zone are already quite prone to lag, so there's a limit to how much detail it can endure without risking a choppy framerate. So there's not much you can do without significantly redesigning the levels (which would be great, but is obviously very low-priority).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back