v2.0.5's Master Server Reform

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll find out, glaber. Do note the line that very specifically says "at launch". We can and probably WILL change things around after launch to make it work more smoothly.

So.....how long till v2.0.5? (I know this is stupid question to ask and i may get temp-banned for it.) 1 Week? 1 Day? 1 Month? 1 Year?! *shot*
Anyway, the Master Server is going to be much, MUCH different?

Supported!

You all don't know how I get pissed off when I join a server and waste my precious spare time to discover I've just joined a yet-another-stupid-server.

If I don't find any server in "standard" room, I wouldn't mind opening one by myself.

We'll find out, glaber. Do note the line that very specifically says "at launch". We can and probably WILL change things around after launch to make it work more smoothly.

I would like to note that rooms are not hard coded, if you're wondering guys, it's all MySQL based, so we can edit them at will without requiring a new release. Fun fact of the day. :3

Oh yea, finally the wait is getting shorter and shorter and shorter :D

I personally support this new MS system for the same reason as the smart guys.

Nowadays, this community got split into two, making a "Community War" between the normal players and the noobs (inb4 tempban), and there was no REAL way to prevent this war to go much more conflicting. The current rules didn't work, the reporting system/banning system didn't work, teaching them how to play like a real men doesn't work either (if someone does that :S)

Now with this new system, the war can finally end (mostly) by making 2 (and more if time goes right) separate rooms for the 2 community sides.

STJr never fails...will never let us down...will be the best...and.......uhh.......out of good words to say...

Cheers for the launch!

EDIT: Also...if the MS is getting completely reformed......will...the.......Ms launcher still work? (or we need to beg Oogaland for a new version)

Last edited:
Will the casual room have a few rules or is it like a room with no rules at all? I'm glad that there are servers that fit the standard one, but I think that they shouldn't over use the casual room (for actually playing the game).

EDIT: Also...if the MS is getting completely reformed......will...the.......Ms launcher still work? (or we need to beg Oogaland for a new version)

Anything that interfaces with the Master Server at all will need updating, this includes the launcher (which Oogaland does not update, ms.srb2.org is actually far more feature filled than the launcher as it stands though, the only thing is lacks is a join game button) and any and all clients (no previous clients will work with the MS, period).

Wait if you will fix the ms again does it mean we are going to have a 2.0.6? How about support for routers?

this includes the launcher (which Oogaland does not update, ms.srb2.org is actually far more feature filled than the launcher as it stands though, the only thing is lacks is a join game button)
It's also become stupidly dog slow all the time which is why I stopped using it in favor of the Launcher.

It's also become stupidly dog slow all the time which is why I stopped using it in favor of the Launcher.

That's a fault in the connection between SRB2.org and the server in the list, not the page itself. In other words, the server on the list is slow to respond.

Anything that interfaces with the Master Server at all will need updating, this includes the launcher (which Oogaland does not update, ms.srb2.org is actually far more feature filled than the launcher as it stands though, the only thing is lacks is a join game button) and any and all clients (no previous clients will work with the MS, period).

Is it possible the Master Server website could have a "Join!" button?
Oh, what about an ignore button? It would ignore servers from x user...
Edit: Maybe a friends list?

Cue, remember your SRB2 Live project? <3

Join button requires installer to write to the registry when installing SRB2, to enable srb2:// for use.

Join button requires installer to write to the registry when installing SRB2, to enable srb2:// for use.
I know you guys want to keep SRB2 a simple extraction, but can't you have a seperate program that would make the registry keys? Call it SRB2 Additional Features or something.

If the join button is just for a website, can't we simply have a cookie which remembers where srb2win.exe is?

Now where in my post did I say anything about an srb2://.

Is there no way to launch an executable file on the disk without resorting to making up new protocols?

No, that would be...silly. If anything IE only. Executing applications using your browser has generally been a very IE only thing.

Button isn't happening in 2.0.5, maybe in the future, possibly, but not now.

Wow, this actually seems pretty cool. The only problem I have with it though, is the fact that when everyone surfs the Casual room for RPs and such, and I host a semi-breaking server (As in, a "hub" town and people doing missions.), people won't join because they prefer RPs. :S

Meh, won't bother me that much though. If I get no joiners, I'll just host a Standard game like usual~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back