it was a early 2.2 sonic sprite i look a little bit different to the final one
Post automatically merged:

nov17f.png

Wow Early save select screen

damn did it look eh...good?
found it!
nov17a-300x188.png

doesn't look horrible, maybe cuz i didn't know the version u were talking about? damn if that's so i'm dumb

to reiterate on what i said before:
the pure fat graphics were in srb2.pk3 until about 2.2.10
i am aware pure fat was in 2.2, and was removed in the 2.2.5 to 2.2.7 range
and i am also aware it is practically useless, especially since it was used but removed, unlike everything else i've shown which has not been used at all
but what i can do now is send images so
the first two images show a strange image in the springs section of the sprites folder (i honestly have no clue what they are, but they look pre-2.2)
also, amy tpose, i think most srb2 fans know about this and it's obviously in there as a joke as the tpose craze was around when srb2 2.2 released

Attachments

• 1678907524025.png
    1678907524025.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 1678907531949.png
    1678907531949.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 1678907551481.png
    1678907551481.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 66
to reiterate on what i said before:
the pure fat graphics were in srb2.pk3 until about 2.2.10
i am aware pure fat was in 2.2, and was removed in the 2.2.5 to 2.2.7 range
and i am also aware it is practically useless, especially since it was used but removed, unlike everything else i've shown which has not been used at all
but what i can do now is send images so
the first two images show a strange image in the springs section of the sprites folder (i honestly have no clue what they are, but they look pre-2.2)
also, amy tpose, i think most srb2 fans know about this and it's obviously in there as a joke as the tpose craze was around when srb2 2.2 released
finally t-pose amy!

it was a early 2.2 sonic sprite i look a little bit different to the final one

nov17f.png

Wow Early save select screen

found it!
nov17a-300x188.png
that is literally FSonic, a 2.1 mod by MotorRoach. FSonic also got ported to 2.2.
(FSonic was also used as an early version of 2.2 sonic, then got changed to the 2.2 sonic we know today)

And f sonic actually fit in to becoming the real 2.2 sonic but sense they had changes I was just it’s fine but hey we have player dta and we can replace sonic 2.2 sprites with f sonic

how to port replace regular BORING sonic with epic and cool fsonic
get slade (tutorial on how to here: Slade Tutorial - SRB2 Wiki)
make yourself a zip file (upper left corner, has a z on it if you're on slade 1.3)
put a new folder, named along the lines of "Skins"
add your fsonic graphics into it, but right before make a file called "P_SKIN", and look at it as text, and type in "skin = sonic"
save that zip as "(name).pk3" as pk3s are easy to load
done
if you wanna make a wad, (iirc) you have to have a P_START and P_END around your graphics and P_SKIN file, but otherwise it is the same as a pk3, with the file location being at the very upper left, with an a on it
i wouldn't recommend editing the player.dta directly, it might make your game unlaunchable, and you'll need to redownload your whole game (or just the player.dta file which i am not willing to send), unless you make backups

back on topic, a lot of old textures are also in the files, which i will not add any images, but a few folders i'd look through would be
SRB2&K, Jungle, Cliff, and some sub-folders in the usual folders, like Castle Eggman/Flags/Old, etc. and some composite textures go unused as well! go check it out in zone builder if you're curious

well i went back to 2.2.0 to show this CEZ2 unused sections that idk if they were documented in TCRF and there was a section i couldnt show because is a spot where you just win the level and its really far away of the map

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
These images are for an ancient DOOM source-port called BOOM. These are used as objects to help setup pushing (red) and pulling (green) other objects, similar to conveyor belts or wind sectors in today's SRB2. These are in most modern source ports, including GZDoom, of which GZDoom Builder is the base for Zone Builder, which has been the main SRB2 map editor for quite a while. As of 2.2.11, Pushing sectors are now completely useless as the linedef specials automatically activate now, so the pushing and pulling code is even farther away from what it was before. (Especially since the objects themselves are point pushers, and not sector pushers, so they were never in any SRB2 version to begin with, or atleast not used while they were still objects.)

alr so basically those are just sprites for zb (or other builders that build levels in doom), kind of like how the PLAYA0 sprite is in the game only for level editors basically
and i guess it kinda makes sense why those were put in the springs section as they're sprites for conveyor belts, which move you horizontally or whatever, it makes sense
makes a bit more sense i guess

I found a unused 8th Emerald Box in the game, I don't know how you would have gained access to this. Plus, the 8th Chaos Emerald doesn't do anything in game if you somehow able to get it somehow. I'm guessing Hyper Forms were probably going to be accessible due to turing "Cheese Mode" on and then using a super form.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 163538.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back