will
have
a
brand
new

TITLE SCREEN
srb20119-1.gif

Notes about the new title screen:
1. It was posted and pinned by Rob in the official SRB2 Discord.
2. The final version of the Title Screen WILL be animated
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD
I'M HAVING HEART PALPATATIONS RIGHT NOW. It looks so beautiful! I'm actually shaking right now, this is amazing!!!
This just looks outstanding! This gives me serious Sonic 2 vibes, which makes sense considering this is Sonic Robo Blast 2.
I'm tearing up just by looking at this. 2.2 is going to be the legendary version we've all dreamt of!
We're on the home stretch, bois!

Hey people and non-discord goers

will
have
a
brand
new

TITLE SCREEN
srb20119-1.gif

Notes about the new title screen:
1. It was posted and pinned by Rob in the official SRB2 Discord.
2. The final version of the Title Screen WILL be animated

holy crap, that title screen looks sick.

*Red's Hype Meter increased!*

2.2 lua leaks?

*opens up discord and searches for the image in .2 seconds*

i7ejbxo

edit: Wow mk aaaaa >:c

oh look, smiles!

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

What happens when the cart crashes into the following:
Wall?
Badnik?
TNT Barrel?
solid non-moving object?

Wall: You'd probably either get hurt or straight up die.
Badnik: You'd likely get hurt.
TNT Barrel: It'd blow up, and you'd probably lose the minecart along with your shield, rings or life.
Solid Non-Moving Object: You'd likely straight up die.

Okay actually I hope I reach someone with this, but is there anything a dev might do in regards to this wall in particular

srb20404.gif

I'm an analog user, and I'm not fond of the idea of being unable to see where I'm trying to jump. Unless I'm missing something I'm just thinking of the nightmare of trying to turn the camera as it continues to get stuck on the wall because the camera refuses to move if there's a wall in the way in analog mode. That is, unless I'm missing something and it's something that's already been considered.

- I'm an analog user, -
If I recall correctly, that's irrelevant for version 2.2; There isn't any "analog" mode in it (although your character will now visually look in the direction that you move despite the lack of that (but abilities, such as thokking and spindashing, will aim along the camera/view, not the character direction)).

As a gamepad (DualShock 4/PlayStation 4 controller) user myself, I'd like to say that even in version 2.1, I prefer not playing with "analog" mode enabled. With the right control setup, Sonic Robo Blast 2 can be played (and its camera controlled) on a standard gamepad reasonably well (even without "analog" mode), in my opinion.

Your opinion (and also your control setup) may differ from mine, of course (maybe you're not even using a gamepad despite using "analog" mode), and I respect that; I'd just like you to know that it's something that you might be able to get around anyway.

If I recall correctly, I intentionally renamed the analog command and hid it from the menu* so that even if you copy your config across, enabling analog will be a hassle for the first ~48 hours before the wiki gets updated. Analog mode made too many compromises and was too messed up for anything other than a complete rewrite, so it's been actively deprecated and is only kept around as a vestigal bone thrown to the truly oldbie among us. Doesn't mean you should use it if you can learn new tricks, though.

Even if the controls themselves haven't been fundamentally modified, the emphasis on what's important about them *has* - so I'd recommend your first playthrough of 2.2 is with binds up like a twin-stick FPS for a more cohesive experience. I personally promise you will find it more controllable, as the directional character visuals and automatic brake should make it much easier to adapt your play pattern to the new recommended controller experience.

The new tutorial even recommends bubsytank controls over Analog mode, so. :P

*My memory is a little foggy, but this was done because of all the YouTubers deciding "hey, I have a controller, let's play analog mode oh my god this is uncontrollable I'm still not going to change it back though".

Last edited:
Basically, analog mode is depreciated, meaning that no, nobody has done any work to make sure analog's shitty camera plays nice with the new level design. Instead we have done a lot of work to make the standard control scheme easier to learn, understand and use, and highly encourage you to try out the standard control scheme again with the modifications. It's always been the better control scheme with practice, but now we've done our damnest to help you get over that initial difficulty of getting used to it.

If I recall correctly, I intentionally renamed the analog command and hid it from the menu* so that even if you copy your config across, enabling analog will be a hassle for the first ~48 hours before the wiki gets updated. Analog mode made too many compromises and was too messed up for anything other than a complete rewrite, so it's been actively deprecated and is only kept around as a vestigal bone thrown to the truly oldbie among us. Doesn't mean you should use it if you can learn new tricks, though.

Even if the controls themselves haven't been fundamentally modified, the emphasis on what's important about them *has* - so I'd recommend your first playthrough of 2.2 is with binds up like a twin-stick FPS for a more cohesive experience. I personally promise you will find it more controllable, as the directional character visuals and automatic brake should make it much easier to adapt your play pattern to the new recommended controller experience.

The new tutorial even recommends bubsytank controls over Analog mode, so. :P

*My memory is a little foggy, but this was done because of all the YouTubers deciding "hey, I have a controller, let's play analog mode oh my god this is uncontrollable I'm still not going to change it back though".

Oi, Toaster. Let me just say to you and ALL the devs:

Boy have you all done well.

This update is extremely large, consisting of slopes, new sprites, new code, and a completed Arid Canyon. Not to leave out the redesigning and editing of levels.

From yet another SRB2 Fan, I'd like to say:

This is what an SRB2 Fan would want.

Great job, man. Keep on Going! (I'm aware this is completely off topic to what you were saying but this is basically my chance to show gratitude.)

Last edited:
That post is misdirected 'cause I'm neither a dev or a man, but I'm sure they'd appreciate it. :V

It's always been the better control scheme with practice, but now we've done our damnest to help you get over that initial difficulty of getting used to it.

Yeah, this is basically the crux of it. I helped Eliwood out over Discord DM, figuring out better binds for their controls and giving them a link to Lach's 2.1 Directionchar script and now they're never going to use Analog again, so these efforts on a much wider scale will be well-placed :P

could've said something. XD

That's... literally what she did?? Plus, developers have a red name and the word "Developer" written under it in bold text, and it's not the responsibility of women to preemptively point out their gender for you. Excuse me if I'm out of line, but I feel you could have apologized instead of shifting the blame to her.

I helped Eliwood out over Discord DM, figuring out better binds for their controls and giving them a link to Lach's 2.1 Directionchar script and now they're never going to use Analog again, so these efforts on a much wider scale will be well-placed :P

Does this confirm my extra commands getting into 2.2? :eyes:

That's... literally what she did?? Plus, developers have a red name and the word "Developer" written under it in bold text, and it's not the responsibility of women to preemptively point out their gender for you. Excuse me if I'm out of line, but I feel you could have apologized instead of shifting the blame to her.

Does this confirm my extra commands getting into 2.2? :eyes:

kek

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

That post is misdirected 'cause I'm neither a dev or a man, but I'm sure they'd appreciate it. :V

Yeah, this is basically the crux of it. I helped Eliwood out over Discord DM, figuring out better binds for their controls and giving them a link to Lach's 2.1 Directionchar script and now they're never going to use Analog again, so these efforts on a much wider scale will be well-placed :P

...sorry for being rude and shifting the blame to you. I'll try to think next time.

??????????????

So, if you write a custom HUD script that produces new elements for time, score, rings, lives etc., all you have to do is add V_PERPLAYER and splitscreen'll just work?

Nice, can't wait to double this.

unknown.png

I would like to ask:

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THAT THING?

The HUDs all mixed together make it confusing.

Okay that new Titlescreen is cool af, 2.2 is shaping up to be the biggest update for SRB2 in a long time.

so with analog going bye-bye, does that mean people playing keyboard-only are just kinda screwed? analog is by far the most comfortable way to play that way imo

loving the new title screen though

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back