• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

unmount.wad - Unnamed Mountain Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
----DOWNLOAD LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST----
This is a beta of FistTheEchidna and I's first map. There are a few bugs. I'll list them.
1. There is no way to get to the finish except to use Tails, we forgot a spring. SORRY!
2. The ice room has areas that look like "death pits". We screwed up on it, so when you step on the area, you instantly die.
3. Probably other misc. glitches/bugs...
WARNING: HUGE FILE SIZE. It's almost 10 MB. We'll fix that in a later version.
Pics:
srb20000.png

srb20002.png

srb20005.png

srb20010.png

More pics in that Photobucket album. :D

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://files.filefront.com/unmountbeta1zip/;9992290;/fileinfo.html

EDIT: Were also looking for a name! Give us suggestions.

-Don't add music. They make these massively large.
-Those bugs are VERY easy to fix. Just fix them.
-Just add Springs. Tails is the cheap way out of any level, and we shouldn't need him for it.
-If you made the map, why didn't you fix the bugs with him?

I know about the file size, and I don't exactly have the newest version. I can't work on it without my partner's consent, and besides, were doing it together in person... I work on it every chance I get, which isn't that often. A month's work on one map is kinda... Well, a long time. Fists said he was going to fix the bugs and give me the new version on Monday, and then I'll upload it.

By the way, about the Tails thing. the whole level is designed without being able to be cheap. It's instant death if Tails tries to fly up, and we made the walls unclimbable. It's just we forgot to put the spring up at the top. >.<

Chaos said:
-Don't add music. They make these massively large.

Compress the WAD in a ZIP or something, so it won't be so large when you add custom music.

Do you know that unless it's in WAV music won't compress well because they're already compressed? :P

There WILL be a new version on Monday. Which has bug fixes, more compression/midi music, etc.

Akuma TH: Yeah, the map is pretty big. And what do you mean about it being "too" big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back