Ultra Mod (name temporary) (ultramod1.8.wad)

Do you want a character to come with this wad?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as the mod gets bigger, it will also get better. The levels I'm going to make - or help to make - will be better. The emerald quest is like a history of my skills - from my very first attempt at making a map, through to the latest map that I've made - at least untill it is finished.

Well, lets just say that I'm glad none of my maps are in this mod...

Instead of focusing on making the mod bigger, I'd say you need to focus on making levels that either aren't filler.

The only good maps in this "mod" are as follows:

Rush Canyon - Great first map by a new wadder.
SRB2 City - A quite decent Match/Tag map.

The rest of 'em are just filler. No reason to download a huge mod to play two decent maps that are available in the levels section for a whole lot less disk space. All of the other maps need a lot more effort, and until they are any good, I would suggest to completely stop making new maps.

But thats just me....

BlueZero4 said:
And as for Fish Hook, he's just being really ambitious there.
I don't care if it wasn't a compliment, I'm still gonna thank you! So was it a compliment?

Another thing. Think of it as roboegg99 made Dude_ 'deputy manajure' and gave him permission to let only those he aproves of to help. Now lets say that Dude_ knows several people he finds good at level making, so lets them all join.
I don't have a clue of how it really happened, but just think it happened like I described.

Fish hook said:
BlueZero4 said:
And as for Fish Hook, he's just being really ambitious there.
I don't care if it wasn't a compliment, I'm still gonna thank you! So was it a compliment?
Not really. You shouldn't be trying to make something Mystic-Realm sized right off the bat. It'll take you eons to make any decent maps for it, so it seems like you want to make your levels all freakishly short. After you make one good level, come back later and tell me you want to make 50 of them.

...I want to make 50 of them.
Believe it or not, I've been working on a level that I don't want in this mod. If it goes well, I'll make something big out of it. Now that I'm year 11 (moved up today) I'll be getting less homework, which means more time to work on levels!
(I don't understand the less homework thing, but it works for me!)

Emerald Falls - Hyperknux
5/10
Too colorful for me (that didn't affect the score though). The death pits were rather annoying, and the design was a bit off to me.

Ehh??, The design was meant to be colourful :/. What would be the stage description be without it?.

And the death pits. Come on, there wasn't many, and it was very easy to dodge, otherwise your controls are sucky.

When making a level, keep in mind that you and only you will fully know your way around. A deathpit that is easly jumped by you, will stop the average player in their tracks (or give a noob a temper-tantrome! XD).

I've decided the next public beta isn't coming out until I've finished:

- All 7 special stages
- The first 10 stages of Revival of the Old Bosses
- The infinity stage (its the main adventure field)
- 6 match stages

Which won't be for a while.

EDIT: A little update on Fire Highway:

srb20015cl4.png

...PERFECT! An adventure stage! Give it places to hide and some rings and a new tag/match level will be born!
*Wa! Wa! Waaaaaa!*(baby sounds)

Releases Section Rules said:
R4. Do not post in a topic asking for the file to be reuploaded. Doing so will lead to a quick ban. Try searching the forums for it, or possibly private messaging the author to see if the author is interested in fixing his link.

Segmint said:
Releases Section Rules said:
R4. Do not post in a topic asking for the file to be reuploaded. Doing so will lead to a quick ban. Try searching the forums for it, or possibly private messaging the author to see if the author is interested in fixing his link.

He didn't ask for it to be reuploaded, he simply said the link was dead...

Besides, I'm not even working on this anymore. I sent the last version I ever made to Fish Hook and said he could continue it, but it seems he isn't even on the board anymore. :(

Well then there was not much point of making the mod. Plus you can't rely on someone else to make it for you. You have to have the time to do it, or if you don't, Then what's the point?. Making a mod, then wasting because you can't be asked means saying **** this, let's cancel it, let it die. I've seen it in other projects, and levels being made in editing, and other forums. Most mods tend to die out anyway.

Wow! Dude_, you majorly have more mod ideas than I expected! I thought you had made 1 or 2 mods! aparrently it's more like 3!

Dude_ said:
Besides, I'm not even working on this anymore. I sent the last version I ever made to Fish Hook and said he could continue it, but it seems he isn't even on the board anymore. :(
Fishhook is fail. He really hasn't finished anything he's started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back