• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Trouble choosing a mode in large netgames? (Name Pending...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Mystic Realm stuff, make a custom exit, and set the NEXTLEVEL in the level header back to the hub itself. That way, if the map the custom exit points to doesn't exist, it warps back to the hub.

Yeah, but I don't want to make specific hubs for mods; that's dumb. I figured there might be a way to set the nextlevel to the next level for the gametype that wins... is there? That'd make the most sense, as it would work for any added wads (IE, I either make the hub map 01 or map ZZ).

No. You can only use custom exits, and those can't be changed unless you know what the new map number should be before-hand.

Ah, I've found a workaround that will allow me to do what I said I wanted to do earlier. Still working on the hubs, though. I'm having trouble making the banners, because of SRB2s crappy and limited palette... also, I'm having worries about Circuit/Race because although they are very different, they're under the same mode (Race), so I don't know how I'll fix that. The only way would be to edit the source to have a different value for circuit, and have the circuit maps use that value, but I wouldn't know how, so... that's something for another time.

So far:

Match: Red
Race: Blue
Circuit: Black + White
Tag: Orange
Co-op: Green
CTF: ? (HELP PLEASE)

Once I finish the banners, I can finish the hubs, and finish the waiting rooms... etc. etc.

Match: Red
Race + Circuit: Black + White
Tag: Orange
Co-op: Green
CTF: Blue

Race and circuit could be in the same area and just different ends, therefore you could then use blue for CTF... alternatively, you could use violet or yellow for CTF.

I'm keeping blue for race. I'd use purple (it makes sense; red vs blue), but there aren't enough shades. I'm not using yellow because it looks too much like orange. I was going to use black for CTF, but... black + white is Circuit.

Ash said:
The only way would be to edit the source to have a different value for circuit, and have the circuit maps use that value, but I wouldn't know how, so... that's something for another time.
I know how, and would do it for you, but it's probablly impractical for something like this. And on that note, if you still want an EXE mod, I might be able to put in features that were impossible before, like checking if you have certain WADs loaded, etc.

Kay, you don't seem to understand. I'm using this as a base for something I might create in the future; maps, graphic replacements, etc., and having an EXE for it all is just overdo in my mind, although I'd only want it for one purpose at the current moment, and that's to add a value for circuit. If you could tell me how or share some info, that'd be awesome though.

Re: Trouble choosing a mode in large netgames? (Name Pending

Ash said:
Progress:
3/8 Bases complete
-Match
-Race
-Circuit
Wait, what do you mean by 8 bases? Don't you mean 7 bases? There are only 7 gametypes in SRB2 multiplayer, not 8. You can't play single player in multiplayer. That would just be wierd. That's why it's called co-op instead of single-multiplayer or something like that... >_>

Vash said:
Wait, what do you mean by 8 bases? Don't you mean 7 bases? There are only 7 gametypes in SRB2 multiplayer, not 8.

1. Match
2. Tag
3. Team Match
4. Race
5. Time Race
6. Capture the Flag
7. Co-op
8. Diver/Hide n' Seek/King of the Hill (There's a chance)

1. Match
2. Race
3. Circuit
4. Tag
5. CTF
6. Co-op
7. Misc. (Customs like Diver and KotH)
8. Help (For people who don't know how to use this, or what to do, etc.)

Oh, ok. EDIT: I was just wondering where you got the 8th base, though. (Kinda like where someone got the 8th emerald... O_o ... or something.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back