Trojan Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've dealt with Trojans before, and they can be a mess.
I just used Microsoft Windows OneCare to take care of them though. It got rid of them really quickly.

I had a trojan on my older PC... It really didn't do anything though. Weather or not it had a virus it still sucked with windows, it can much better handle Linux =P.

Try using Trend Micro PC Cillin Internet security,It works for me.
It got rid of this virus called "Adware Broadbund" that compleatly stuffed my laptop.

GCFreak said:
XsoniccoreX (814) said:
GCFreak said:
I use a combination of Norton AntiVirus (an older version which is NOT a system hog and kills most trojans because its signatures are still being updated) and ZoneAlarm (when it behaves, it works very well).
Older or not this doesn't slow you down? Usually when you use 2 different anti viruses, they contradict each other and can sometimes block each other from getting rid of viruses. Sounds unnecessary. I'm at constant threat of infection due to all the dl'ing I do and AVG works just fine for me.

ZoneAlarm is not an AntiVirus program. It's an Anti-Spyware and a firewall.

I know this might be a lame question, but what's the difference?

Blue Warrior said:
I know this might be a lame question, but what's the difference?

Well, technically it's only the names, but for some reason some people think it's more than that, like companies...

I just got a trojan recently and i have no clue what it does, but i haven't got on srb2 for a while so I dont know if i can get on or not.

Damn non-safe game downloads... My computer is so full of viruses, I had to, (prepare for the list):

I have run system-recovery twice (didn't seem to work well the second time,)
Had to crash my own computer so it worked as good as new (.bat file which kept opening itself,)
Norton Antivirus works like crap, so new virus appeared,
Now, the only way I can run my computer fast, is to shut down the explorer.exe manually using task manager.

Running without the explorer on makes any computer run faster (usually).
I just installed AVG, and I'll see how it goes.
Er, tell me if anything in the list was completely unnecessary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back