Translucency

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ AA

I am aware of the forum rules but, I can not seem to find any information on how to do what I am trying to do. I am trying to make the cross that is in the center of the screen on first person view not translucent. Could somebody please tell me how to do this?

I tried looking for the source code on the MAINCFG but, I can not find the code that makes this cross translucent. Would you happen to know where in the MAINCFG I could find this code? I want to make the cross non translucent because, I want to change the cross in to arms so it looks like you are playing in first person. I can't have translucent arms for this to look good. If you can't help me then I still thank you for the help that you did give me.

The source code isn't in the srb2.srb. It is in a self extracting RAR named SRB2Src1094.exe. If you want to modify the code then you need to know how to program in C. I suppose you can learn from looking at SRB2's code, but I would recommend that you take a programming class.

JJ AA said:
I want to change the cross in to arms so it looks like you are playing in first person. I can't have translucent arms for this to look good.

If you are looking into making arms like in DooM, you're going to need to take a step back and look at DooM Legacy's code relating to that and port it back into SRB2. It was removed along with the DooM weapon code in the earliest incarnations of SRB2.

That is, if I understand what you are trying to do.

Torgo said:
I suppose you can learn from looking at SRB2's code, but I would recommend that you take a programming class.
I learned most of what I know about C from looking at SRB2's source code. >.>

.... Wait, isn't the PS cross an object that can be edited in SOC editor that has a translucency level that can be modified easily?

...Unless I'm wrong. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back